Help! No Cellular Service After Flashing China ROM on Redmi Note 13 Pro 5G – Stuck with Locked Bootloader! (iPod Bricked?!)

redmifan

Members
Aug 26, 2024
I recently bought a Redmi Note 13 Pro 5G smartphone (global version with a locked bootloader) Garnet. I used the rename trick to update from the global ROM to the China ROM, as I heard the China ROM offers more features. After successfully updating, I noticed that I no longer have cellular service, though Wi-Fi still works.

I've read that software updates shouldn't affect hardware bands, so I'm confused as to why my phone has essentially turned into an iPod. Any insights would be appreciated!

Did this affect the modem.img or the persist.img? Even if it did I can't rewrite different firmware to it because the bootloader is locked (I've tried). I have tried to unlock the bootloader with no success becasue I will have to use celluar connection for it which I don't have (tried with mutiple sim cards). Any help will be appreciated.

I'm not sure what kind of help you'll be able to get here.
We're a custom ROM project, and most people on this forum are users of our ROM, not hardware technicians.
You might have better luck on the official Xiaomi Community.