Help Update Mi4w

muadib77

Members
Sep 19, 2015
Hi, can you help me update my mi4w from xiaomi.eu 5.12.11 KitKat to the lattest M ROM?
I understand the part about TWRP, my problem is not knowing what i have to do about merging partitions.

Enviado do meu Redmi Note 2 através de Tapatalk

I don't see the reason behind flashing original china rom if you're already on xiaomi.eu rom but anyway.
This is how I would do it:

1. download 5.12.17, flash from updater app.
2. Boot phone again, flash another time 5.12.17 from updater app. This will complete the process of merging system partition.
3. Now, for installing any rom later than 6.2.25 we need twrp to install. So we flash twrp from updater app.
4. Now you download latest xiaomi.eu rom, boot into twrp, wipe everything and flash rom.
If flashing twrp in step 3 failed, download 6.2.25 rom and flash from updater app, that will also give you twrp. From then on continue with step 4.

Reactions: muadib77
I don't see the reason behind flashing original china rom if you're already on xiaomi.eu rom but anyway.
This is how I would do it:

1. download 5.12.17, flash from updater app.
2. Boot phone again, flash another time 5.12.17 from updater app. This will complete the process of merging system partition.
3. Now, for installing any rom later than 6.2.25 we need twrp to install. So we flash twrp from updater app.
4. Now you download latest xiaomi.eu rom, boot into twrp, wipe everything and flash rom.
If flashing twrp in step 3 failed, download 6.2.25 rom and flash from updater app, that will also give you twrp. From then on continue with step 4.
Thanks, it works like a charm, best method.

Enviado do meu Redmi Note 2 através de Tapatalk

Reactions: MannyRibo