How are the Xioami.eu roms built on global ? Worth switching from EEA version ?

case81

Members
Jan 3, 2023
Hello guys,

I'm really curious how is the Xiaomi.eu ROM on Global-only phones. I haven't seen much talk after quite a bit of googling. Is it close to the Chinese based ROMs ? Is it better than the normal Global version ? How is it actually better ? Features, battery life, performance ? And...is it really that good that it's worth switching over and losing the comfort of OTAs ?

EDIT: Xiaomi 11T Pro user here!

What I mean is...how close it it to the China based roms. Do ROMs based on Global have all features ?

After trying it out on my Xiaomi 11T Pro which doesn't have a China ROM, so the Xiaomi.eu ROM is based on global. I have found out the folllowing improvements:

- Better performance. Much, much smoother.
- Better battery life, lower phone load and less background processes
- MAYBE????? Possibly Better sound and haptics( might just be that defaults are different or better)
- Better default theme with the inclusion of Mi Sans font, unavailable in MIUI 13.
- Much more features everywhere. A new button here, a new option there and an entirely new menu somewhere. And possibly much more.
- Uses Chinese version of apps, which is just plain better. Way more newer with better design and functionality.

TL;DR: Objectively superior.

Hello guys,

I'm really curious how is the Xiaomi.eu ROM on Global-only phones. I haven't seen much talk after quite a bit of googling. Is it close to the Chinese based ROMs ? Is it better than the normal Global version ? How is it actually better ? Features, battery life, performance ? And...is it really that good that it's worth switching over and losing the comfort of OTAs ?

EDIT: Xiaomi 11T Pro user here!
Well the framework code is very similar between China ROM and Global ROM, the system apps and modules are the main difference, so we just clean out what we don't use and add what we do use to make the Global ROM base as similar to China ROM base as we possibly can. Some minor differences are still present and can't be simply patched out, one obvious example is the navigation bar (you'll notice that the navigation icons are different to China ROM base), which uses a completely different implementation than the stock MIUI one.

- MAYBE????? Possibly Better sound and haptics( might just be that defaults are different or better)
That might be just placebo effect, we don't touch those aspects, they are tied to low-level libraries which we can't really modify.
The rest is correct, for sure. Stock Global ROM is barebones in comparison.

Reactions: wolden and case81
Thanks for answering! And a pretty good answer as well :D. Not sure how Global ROM is, but coming from EEA it's an absolute game-changer

Sent from my 2107113SG using Tapatalk

Thanks for answering! And a pretty good answer as well :D. Not sure how Global ROM is, but coming from EEA it's an absolute game-changer

Sent from my 2107113SG using Tapatalk
In the past, Global ROM was in between China ROM and Global EEA ROM in terms of what system apps are being used (especially the Google apps).
Nowadays, Global ROM and Global EEA ROM are almost the same. Barely any noticeable difference. The modem might still be configured differently to fit the EEA market's needs, but it's less of a problem these days.

Hi @Igor Eisberg , as I've just made purchase on WondaMobile for Xiaomi 13 Ultra (HK version which is Global version...they say), they noted Global ROM will be preinstalled. Should I switch it to EU ROM or not? Are there any major differences (sorry if I did not understand it from previous answers above :/ ) Thanks!

Hi @Igor Eisberg , as I've just made purchase on WondaMobile for Xiaomi 13 Ultra (HK version which is Global version...they say), they noted Global ROM will be preinstalled. Should I switch it to EU ROM or not? Are there any major differences (sorry if I did not understand it from previous answers above :/ ) Thanks!
By "EU ROM" are you talking about the official EEA ROM or our custom ROM?
If official EEA ROM then don't know, if our custom ROM then it's very different from the official ROMs.

By "EU ROM" are you talking about the official EEA ROM or our custom ROM?
If official EEA ROM then don't know, if our custom ROM then it's very different from the official ROMs.
I just got my 13 Ultra, and would like to get best features I can from my phone.
Currently preinstalled MIUI version is: Global 14.0.2.0.TMAMIXM

I'm not leaving European Union (at least not for some times), but what on this global version is missing is ability to install banking applications and to add Google Pay bank cards.

Would you recommend me installing your custom ROM? Will I lose my warranty with it? And what is the best way to do it?

Thank you a lot Igor. (I wanted to send you a private message but can not find a button).