How can i install persist.img

marco küng

Members
Mar 24, 2016
Hello
Can someone help me. I want to flash the persist.img because my sensors are not working. When I try to use fastboot I get this message: "failed partition is write protected"
When I try to use EDL I get this message: "cannot receive hello packet, MiFlash is trying to reset status!"
How can I install the persist.img ?!
I also tried the original global version of Xiaomi, the persist.img is there, but not in the Install.bat!

I have the last rom and in this one I found the persist.img. but how can i install it? thx
You don't normally need to. It holds all sorts of calibration of the fingerprint sensor, WiFi and other sensor details when the phone was built. Don't delete it, don't do anything with it. Just leave it where it is. I've seen so many with broken phones, now repaired but unusable as they never had there file.

my problem is, the landscape dosn't work. x and y axes swap. every photo is 90° rotatet... can you give me a solution without persist.img?

ok i have make a video, it show the problem better...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
you will see, the wrong bubble move...

How did the phone get to this state? Was it ever working? Did you flash something? What software is it using now? There is a lot of info missing.

Reactions: JiaiJ
Maybe it is just an incompatibility between the app and the sensors configuration ? Do you have the same issue when the phone needs to switch in landscape mode for videos ?

Maybe it is just an incompatibility between the app and the sensors configuration ? Do you have the same issue when the phone needs to switch in landscape mode for videos ?
You can see it happening in the camera as well. There is something very wrong, but messing with the persist usually is more trouble than peace of mind and also this phone does not have a working TWRP yet as far as I know. More info is definitely needed.

How did the phone get to this state? Was it ever working? Did you flash something? What software is it using now? There is a lot of info missing.
i have flash the venus weekly rom13.04.2021 with fastboot and after this only this sensor, is no longer work korrect.
now i have miui 12.6 - 21.4.21 beta
then i install the original chines global version, with the phone i have buy, i install the xiaomi.eu stable rom, nothing work...
i calibrate the sensor new ind cdi mode, nothing help...

i have flash the venus weekly rom13.04.2021 with fastboot and after this only this sensor, is no longer work korrect.
now i have miui 12.6 - 21.4.21 beta
then i install the original chines global version, with the phone i have buy, i install the xiaomi.eu stable rom, nothing work...
i calibrate the sensor new ind cdi mode, nothing help...
There is still some missing info. How exactly did you flash the 21.04.13, how did you flash stock Chinese ROM? What happened then was everything working or nothing. Then you flashed xiaomi.eu again and again it was broken, how did you install it?

There is still some missing info. How exactly did you flash the 21.04.13, how did you flash stock Chinese ROM? What happened then was everything working or nothing. Then you flashed xiaomi.eu again and again it was broken, how did you install it?
0. i installed the first xiaomi.eu rom, and all things running well.
1. i flash xiaomi.eu rom 21.04.13 weekly as an update, then the error was present (fastboot with the update.bat)
2. i wait for the newest one, 21.04.22 i think and flash this rom (fastboot with the update.bat)
3. then i flash the stable (fastboot with the full_install.bat)
4. i downloaded the chinese rom (venus_global_images_V12.0.9.0.RKBMIXM_20210402.0000.00_11.0_global_84d688065e), flash with miflash 2019.12.6.0
5. back to xiaomi.eu rom (xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11_21.4.21_v12-11-fastboot)

I think it is a hardware error...
(if you always formated data with each version, and the bug is still present)

you can try the persist.img from the current rom installed:
(take a look in the fastboot rom files an copy the persist.img to fastboot folder)

fastboot flash persist persist.img