How to create folders and delete apps in the app drawer? MIUI 11.0.4

CologneCalling

Members
Aug 14, 2020
Hi there,

Although I use a Samsung S20 as a daily, I have recently acquired a Note 9 ProEU for fun. Well, and what can I say: The Note 9 Pro drastically shows how a realtively cheap smartphone can make Samsung's flagship look bad. Almost blows it out of the water. Rightly so!

However, I realize some lacks of little software features that in comparison to Samsung make the Redmi lose ground. On my Note 9 Pro I have enabled the app drawer feature and like to use it. Yet, how can I create folders of apps in the app drawer? It seems to me that this feature does not exist in MIUI.

Further I like to keep my app drawer clean. I do not want apps in there that I do not use. Thus I realized that some apps like e.g. YouTube (which I do not use, I use YouTubeVanced instead) cannot be removed. Is there any way I can remove such apps from the app drawer?

Thanks for your replies and best greetings!
Tom

Settings -> Home Screen -> Hide app icons

That's what I think you're after.

As for the folders, think you're out of luck. The MIUI way seems to be to make use of the (custom), app categories instead of folders.

Well, thank you for your reply.

However, my Version of MIUI does not seem to have the "Hide App Icons" setting.

Concerning the categories that is a weak replacement for folders as apps in categories show double then. Once in the app drawer and once in the category.

It's not a killer but little features like this made that Samsung life easy. Have never been a fan of Samsung, just took it because it did what I wanted.

Strange about the missing hide icons setting.
I'm using 11.0.4 of the ROM from here as well, so same hardware and software as you, and the setting is definitely there.

Won't comment on folders, as my previous favourite launcher, (Lean Launcher), never had this feature either. It did have the ability to create folders in the dock though.....a feature I do miss with the MIUI system launcher.