How to find out if a Mi 9 SE really is a global version with Band 20 / 800 MHz ?

HAL9001

Members
Nov 15, 2019
Hi everybody,

i want to buy a Xiaomi Mi 9 SE, but i definitely want to buy a device that supports band 20 / 800 MHz.

So i contacted different vendors and asked them, if their device is a global version or not. Not every vendor can answer this question.

What i would like to know is:

1.) The difference between the china version, EU version, global version and so on: What does this difference "consist" of? Is it different hardware? To me it sounds like that. Or ist just software?

2.) How can i verify, if a device which is sold to me with the promise of being a global version really is a global version?

There seem to be apps, which can tell you: https://miui-germany.de/forum/index...tatsächlich-eine-global-version-band-20-habe/
Others say, that these app only work with mediatek-based devices.

In settings, my device, all specs:
There is a G at the end of Model number. In my case of Mi9:

In settings, my device, all specs:
There is a G at the end of Model number. In my case of Mi9:
View attachment 27125
Hi everybody,

i want to buy a Xiaomi Mi 9 SE, but i definitely want to buy a device that supports band 20 / 800 MHz.

So i contacted different vendors and asked them, if their device is a global version or not. Not every vendor can answer this question.

1.) The difference between the china version, EU version, global version and so on: What does this difference "consist" of? Is it different hardware? To me it sounds like that. Or ist just software?

2.) How can i verify, if a device which is sold to me with the promise of being a global version really is a global version?

There seem to be apps, which can tell you: https://miui-germany.de/forum/index.php?thread/14132-wie-erkenne-ich-ob-ich-tatsächlich-eine-global-version-band-20-habe/
Yes have to check they really promote a GLOBAL version. Must be written on the box!
Serious sellers don't trick.
Require them to send it sealed box. (that's the best way to not get any tripped rom)
So little risk at all.

Reactions: Mali2
Hi everybody,

There seem to be apps, which can tell you: https://miui-germany.de/forum/index.php?thread/14132-wie-erkenne-ich-ob-ich-tatsächlich-eine-global-version-band-20-habe/
Sorry, answer your first question too:
It is only a hardware difference. A global rom on a chinese smartphone don't activates LTE band 20.

Hi and thank you Mali2 and LOLO9393,

thanks for your answers, seems to be easy to verify.

Thanks again and bye

HAL9001

Reactions: Mali2