How To Replace Broken Camera Lens?

Axel Torchy

Members
Mar 6, 2015
Hello,
Today I've had the sad surprise to discover that the camera lens on the back of my Xiaomi Redmi 1S had been broken during the day. I hadn't noticed that and now I wonder how I can change it.
I got my Redmi about 6 months ago and it works perfectly, that's why I want to keep it...

The glass is really completely broken I can no longer take correct photos.

I was wondering : where can I buy the camera lens to replace the broken one? And finally, is the change easy to do?

Thank you by advance!
Axel

PS: If you want any photo, just ask me.

Try Black Camera Lens Ring Cover Unit+Tool for Xiaomi Hongmi Redmi 1st Gen 1 ZVMA572 on ebay

Last edited:
Hello, and thank you for your answer.
I may be wrong, but it seems to me that what you show me is only to replace the ring that circles the glass whereas my problem is that the glass itself is broken (exactly on the center of the camera lens) and I am unable to find a new one to replace it.

Does anyone know where I can find one?

Hello,
Today I've had the sad surprise to discover that the camera lens on the back of my Xiaomi Redmi 1S had been broken during the day. I hadn't noticed that and now I wonder how I can change it.
I got my Redmi about 6 months ago and it works perfectly, that's why I want to keep it...

The glass is really completely broken I can no longer take correct photos.

I was wondering : where can I buy the camera lens to replace the broken one? And finally, is the change easy to do?

Thank you by advance!
Axel

PS: If you want any photo, just ask me.

Hello friend ,you can check this shop here .Hope this is helpful for you .

Protective glass and actual lenses (there are many in camera) are very different things. So are you sure you have damaged lens? Never saw one damaged, but had few not working ones. If this is a case, consider yourself lucky and just buy camera as it was suggested. If it is protective glass you do not have much options. I guess Xiaomi service shop for you is not an option. To get that part online - good luck with that. So only option is to remove broken pieces carefully and hope that camera module will stay in place. Try also check eBay for nonworking phone. If price is reasonable you may use it for spare part, also I doubt it would be economic solution.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Protective Glass of Rear Camera with Holder and Sticker Adhesive for Xiaomi mi4
is in stock in dragon-tt. It is not expensive.
37201562011AM40562.jpg