Import Mi 10 Ultra to Europe - Will it work here?

michimike117

Members
Aug 22, 2020
First of all, I am amazed by the new Mi 10 Ultra from Xiaomi and I really love the design of the phone.

When I heard that it won't be released in Europe - I immediately wanted to import it to Europe. As I am new to importing phones from China and have no idea what kind of problems might occur when trying to use it over here, I have several questions:

1. The frequencyy based for 3G / 4G / 5G
Depending on the country and to the experience of users, it should work in Europe. I've also checked with my provider and the Mi 10 Ultra should get the internet access.

2. Banking Apps and other secure apps
I've heard that not all apps will work when using The Mi 10 Ultra in Europe (especially banking apps). Is that true and if yes - is there any way one can solve this problem?

My only concern is that my banking apps (UBS, Interactive Brokers, etc.) won't work on the phone and thus I'll always need a second phone with me.

Do you see any other concerns when trying to use the Mi 10 Ultra in Europe?

Here you can found all modells to order. Shipping is 2-3weeks.And yiu can found question section, where is already a lot of answer.

Reactions: Pasha78
I brought mine in via Wanda Mobile, they pay tax too. Took 6 days.
No problems with gapps, Lloyd's banking and not too much Chinese bloat.
NO Band 20 LTE is not too much a problem even though I use O2. The 3g (H+) signal is great with around 13gb throughput, so plenty to use YouTube / Netflix or Sky Go in my small seaside village. To be honest, our 4g O2 mast is so over used by holiday makers in the summer, with the 3g not being so over used, I am probably better off!
Great phone super smooth 120hz screen, just could do with an EU rom and may be the hope that the band 20 issue is only software restricted and could be included in any EU rom, well here's hoping.
Could do with some amoured cases now. The one in the box is OK but I do like a good open fronted armour case.

Snap 865 has all the frequecnies supported alright however I remember it was the same story when Ive got the original MI MIX.. B20 was missing and could not be added with FW change

Last edited:
I brought mine in via Wanda Mobile, they pay tax too. Took 6 days.
No problems with gapps, Lloyd's banking and not too much Chinese bloat.
NO Band 20 LTE is not too much a problem even though I use O2. The 3g (H+) signal is great with around 13gb throughput, so plenty to use YouTube / Netflix or Sky Go in my small seaside village. To be honest, our 4g O2 mast is so over used by holiday makers in the summer, with the 3g not being so over used, I am probably better off!
Great phone super smooth 120hz screen, just could do with an EU rom and may be the hope that the band 20 issue is only software restricted and could be included in any EU rom, well here's hoping.
Could do with some amoured cases now. The one in the box is OK but I do like a good open fronted armour case.

Hey. Does google pay work for you?

Hey. Does google pay work for you?

Google Pay works for me just fine.
The trick is to setup google pay, than go into your Android settings and change the "Default wallet" under "Connection & sharing" to "Use HCE Wallet".
You might have to tweak the energy saving options for these apps. MiUi is there very.... drastic.

1. The frequencyy based for 3G / 4G / 5G
Depending on the country and to the experience of users, it should work in Europe. I've also checked with my provider and the Mi 10 Ultra should get the internet access.

I also thought about the frequencies a few times, but then I thought to myself that I don't have and need LTE everywhere in Germany.
But I'm well surprised that 99% of the cell towers around my area (NRW) from my carrier (o2) are not using the missing bands.

2. Banking Apps and other secure apps
I've heard that not all apps will work when using The Mi 10 Ultra in Europe (especially banking apps). Is that true and if yes - is there any way one can solve this problem?

The app of my main bank (bunq) works well. I'll try my second bank (Sparkasse) ASAP and share my results here.

I ordered at a well known china shop. They shipped it with global priority. DHL Express is currently not in use due to extreme delay caused by COVID.
They also preinstalled Google Services onto my phone. But you can easily do it by yourself. They are available on the Xiaomi Appstore.

If somebody have anymore questions... feel free to ask

Google Pay works for me just fine.
The trick is to setup google pay, than go into your Android settings and change the "Default wallet" under "Connection & sharing" to "Use HCE Wallet".
You might have to tweak the energy saving options for these apps. MiUi is there very.... drastic.

I also thought about the frequencies a few times, but then I thought to myself that I don't have and need LTE everywhere in Germany.
But I'm well surprised that 99% of the cell towers around my area (NRW) from my carrier (o2) are not using the missing bands.

The app of my main bank (bunq) works well. I'll try my second bank (Sparkasse) ASAP and share my results here.

I ordered at a well known china shop. They shipped it with global priority. DHL Express is currently not in use due to extreme delay caused by COVID.
They also preinstalled Google Services onto my phone. But you can easily do it by yourself. They are available on the Xiaomi Appstore.

If somebody have anymore questions... feel free to ask

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your help. Could you please sne dme a pm with the name of the shop you bought the phone from? Did you pay any taxes and how long did it take to get delivered?

I live in NRW, Germany too and I use Vodafone and I wonder if it's going to work without any issues over here.

Thank you!

liaow.com put the value as sub-200 so my taxes were thankfully tiny. Was four days including a Sunday (the DHL guy has saturdays off!)

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your help. Could you please sne dme a pm with the name of the shop you bought the phone from? Did you pay any taxes and how long did it take to get delivered?

I live in NRW, Germany too and I use Vodafone and I wonder if it's going to work without any issues over here.

Thank you!
Hey,

got my Mi 10 Ultra last Friday. Using it in SH , Germany with Vodafone. 4g+ Works fine. No 5g near me so no 5g test :c. Deliver time were 2 Weeks with no extra cost.

EE in the UK use the old 3G bands this phone to supports to prop up the 4G speeds around the UK

Hello,

Thank you!

use wondamobile.com ,

Reactions: B!GBOY
use wondamobile.com ,
Versand 21,65 EUR to germany , 5-8 day shipping they pay the Taxes(Zoll)
nice :) thanks for the tip I will try that site if my girl decides she wants my Mi 10 Pro.

anyone tried this to unlock lte bands :

redmi note 4 is snapdragon also..
iirc the exact same thing was posted here for china Mi 10 and years ago for RN5 on xda. I believe I tried that on my RN5 and it did not work. others also said that it does not work on that thread. Almost always that limitation is hardware side. The only way to find out is try on the exact device you want to use. RN5 was also a snapdragon.

nice :) thanks for the tip I will try that site if my girl decides she wants my Mi 10 Pro.

iirc the exact same thing was posted here for china Mi 10 and years ago for RN5 on xda. I believe I tried that on my RN5 and it did not work. others also said that it does not work on that thread. Almost always that limitation is hardware side. The only way to find out is try on the exact device you want to use. RN5 was also a snapdragon.

any China Shop never use DHL/DHL express its very fast shipping , but always going to Zoll (Flughafen) after you get Email/Post or pay on Postbote(DHL) ^__^

Reactions: B!GBOY
any China Shop never use DHL/DHL express its very fast shipping , but always going to Zoll (Flughafen) after you get Email/Post or pay on Postbote(DHL) ^__^
Yeah never again! I had the pleasure of getting to know them >_< the worst part was not paying zoll but the fact that the guy think he is an expert in all things electronic and started lecturing me why the high quality original Xiaomi charger I bought is a Chinese crap that will blow up and kill my neighbor's grandma because it did not have a CE sticker on it. He then helped me to through it away.