Issue opening attachments in gmail

Alvaro234

Members
Oct 27, 2021
Since the A12 update I have been unable to open attachments in gmail. I have tried everything I found from reinstalling, clearing cache, etc...

Does anyone know how to fix it?

Reactions: Sage222
It's a common problem that's somehow related to storage access and how apps handle it, in relation to the OS.

As I learned from a lot of lurking, this affects Gmail, but also Telegram and other messengers, some games, some apps that require direct storage access for caching...

I think it's something that either app creators will have to fix, or the creators of the ROM.
Either way, you're not alone, this drives me insane as well.

It's a common problem that's somehow related to storage access and how apps handle it, in relation to the OS.

As I learned from a lot of lurking, this affects Gmail, but also Telegram and other messengers, some games, some apps that require direct storage access for caching...

I think it's something that either app creators will have to fix, or the creators of the ROM.
Either way, you're not alone, this drives me insane as well.
I hope they fix it soon then. It is very annoying tbh.

While they do, I found a way around it by installing Acrobat, connecting it to Google and using it to import Gmail PDFs in specific. I think that storing the file is avoided that way.
Haven't found something similar for images though.

Reactions: Sage222
Bump

Android 12 / MIUI 13 - Xiaomi Mi 11 got problems with attachments in Gmail App :(
Xiaomi Mail App working fine.

Someone mentioned that running a factory reset after the installation solves this (as opposed to wiping). Haven't tried it myself though.

Someone mentioned that running a factory reset after the installation solves this (as opposed to wiping). Haven't tried it myself though.
Yes, I can confirm that factory reset after flashing A12 works for Gmail attachments!!!
A12 flash with format data, do MIUI 13 setup then factory reset worked for me :)

Yes, I can confirm that factory reset after flashing A12 works for Gmail attachments!!!
A12 flash with format data, do MIUI 13 setup then factory reset worked for me :)
I did factory reset first, then clean install Windows_fastboot_first_install, but it doesn't work for me! Mi11 Venus

Unfortunately, the Mi WiFi app for controlling my router has also stopped working again, it goes into bootloop and does not start ... I have deleted the data for nothing ...

I did factory reset first, then clean install Windows_fastboot_first_install, but it doesn't work for me! Mi11 Venus
it doesn't work that way, clearly says install A12 first, followed by basic Miui 13 setup then factory reset!!