Long press recent apps got stuck

droople

Members
Mar 24, 2013
Hi there,

I just got my Mi 13 with MIUI.eu 14 version.
I'm still using the recent, home, back three buttons.
Previously with my Redmi K30 Pro (Miui.eu 13) and Mi Mix2s (Miui.eu 12) , when I long press an app on the recent screen, it will pop up four small icons to let me choose if I want to split the screen or other options.
But on my Mi 13 with MIUI.eu 14, if I long press a recent app, it will get stuck, nothing pops up, and I need to hit back to quit.

Any suggestions?
Cheers,

It has been like this for many months and I am sure before HyperOS. I have apps that I want to lock in memory and this is the only way to do it (afaik). I don't know how it can be fixed, I presume it is an Xiaomi issue but I would be happy if anyone has any information on this as well.

It has been like this for many months and I am sure before HyperOS. I have apps that I want to lock in memory and this is the only way to do it (afaik). I don't know how it can be fixed, I presume it is an Xiaomi issue but I would be happy if anyone has any information on this as well.
Yes, it's before HyperOS.

Just want to confirm that which launcher are you using, I find that if I'm using the stock launch, these functions are working but not with Nova.

Thank you. Of course it won't, stupid me. I use Nova and forget that I am not using default.
Just tried and of course it works fine.

So only the default can use the recent function?
Not the recent function, we wanted to lock an app open which you can do by pressing on the app in recents and use the lock symbol.
The recents function works with all launcher apps as it is a function of android.

Not the recent function, we wanted to lock an app open which you can do by pressing on the app in recents and use the lock symbol.
The recents function works with all launcher apps as it is a function of android.
Oh, so the lock function does not work with the non-stock launcher? Please try the workaround I found.