Lte Bands

No, band support is disabled from Qualcomm and mediatek , it is hardware.
Redmi note 3 special edition well support all bands, but phone is different, a bit bigger for different antennas due to different frequencies.

Envoyé de mon MI 4W en utilisant Tapatalk
That means it's not just a license, the MI5s hardware may not support 800MHz band.

No, band support is disabled from Qualcomm and mediatek , it is hardware.
Redmi note 3 special edition well support all bands, but phone is different, a bit bigger for different antennas due to different frequencies.

No, the band support is not disabled from qualcomm... Its in the software and you can unlock LTE band 8 (900MHz) on the mi5 with QPST. If you disect the hardware (amps and rfs) they all support band 20 aswell but if you unpack NON-HLOS.BIN, you will notice that there are no band 20 calibration files so thats another thing we need before we can get band 20 going.

You can do what you want with software, access registers, but you will never get any working signal because it is disabled by bounding during chip packaging. This is the way it works in this business.

You can do what you want with software, access registers, but you will never get any working signal because it is disabled by bounding during chip packaging. This is the way it works in this business.

I should have mention it could be also a fuse on chip that manufacturer toats to apply the license.
Relying on customer for paying licences after delivery is not in line with business reality.

I should have mention it could be also a fuse on chip that manufacturer toats to apply the license.
Relying on customer for paying licences after delivery is not in line with business reality.

Man youre so full of yourself...
Screenshot_20160930-005223.png Screenshot_20160930-005238.png

So what ? Did you make your MI5 work in LTE band 20 ?
He sees registers, yes the modem is capable, but the data cannot pass, it is broken by hardware to apply the license.

Yes... Sure... Like a man that do it. I cannot tell more. But again whatever you see in software won t help. You need to start un soldering a sd820 from an Xperia for a good start...

Whatever I see in software wont help.. Yeah mm kay so how come I get 4G signal on a spot where I normally dont have a 4G signal? And how come others have succeded with the same thing on Band 8 where they normally dont have LTE reception?

You are so full of preconceptions and using your own facts without any proof which I can deliver.
If you would peek through NON-HLOS.bin, you will see that there are files for band 8 in there so thats a non issue, however files (calibration data) are missing for band 20 in here thus thats why we wont get signal on band 20 (YET)

There has been other attempts at this on other phones with success and if you are the slighest interested in educating yourself then you can scour through the growing xda thread which links to other posts. http://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-5/how-to/progress-trying-to-unlock-bands-t3337476

Whatever I see in software wont help.. Yeah mm kay so how come I get 4G signal on a spot where I normally dont have a 4G signal? And how come others have succeded with the same thing on Band 8 where they normally dont have LTE reception?

You are so full of preconceptions and using your own facts without any proof which I can deliver.
If you would peek through NON-HLOS.bin, you will see that there are files for band 8 in there so thats a non issue, however files (calibration data) are missing for band 20 in here thus thats why we wont get signal on band 20 (YET)

There has been other attempts at this on other phones with success and if you are the slighest interested in educating yourself then you can scour through the growing xda thread which links to other posts. http://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-5/how-to/progress-trying-to-unlock-bands-t3337476
There are different license models, for b20 good luck. No time to lose with fake announcements, come with something that work. I already read myself what you point to... Nice but mostly fakes.

There are different license models, for b20 good luck. No time to lose with fake announcements, come with something that work. I already read myself what you point to... Nice but mostly fakes.

I hear this every now and then from people like you, one say that antenna doesnt support, another says that amp or rf doesnt support and another says that the processor doesnt support it. The mi5´s hardware does infact support band 20 among other bands if you check the datasheets for each component but is missing necessary data in NON-HLOS.bin as I mentioned. But you can keep believing in your own "facts"...

I hear this every now and then from people like you, one say that antenna doesnt support, another says that amp or rf doesnt support and another says that the processor doesnt support it. The mi5´s hardware does infact support band 20 among other bands if you check the datasheets for each component but is missing necessary data in NON-HLOS.bin as I mentioned. But you can keep believing in your own "facts"...
Again I do not believe I do.
I do not owe you anything, you have my answer that s it. Have fun.

It's you that live in a fantasy world where the MI5 supports LTE band 20.

But there is a Global version of the Redmi3s, which has LTE Band 20 on it?? What happen if i buy the normal RedMi3s and put the global rom on it ?? Do i get the Band 20 Problem fixed??

Please check out at Honorbuy Redmi3s international
there is also a redmi note 3 pro internation with band 20

But there is a Global version of the Redmi3s, which has LTE Band 20 on it?? What happen if i buy the normal RedMi3s and put the global rom on it ?? Do i get the Band 20 Problem fixed??

Please check out at Honorbuy Redmi3s international
there is also a redmi note 3 pro internation with band 20
Look at redmi note 3 pro Kenzo and Kate.
Kate truely supports b20.
Put Kate Rom on Kenzo, Kenzo will run but without b20. Same with cyanogen.
The sd650 are not strictly identical, they applied different fuses out of chip fab. Only a few transistor differs to apply the licensed spectrum as per customer.

Kate is longer than kenzo, bigger antenna.
This is a fact, but this is for best signal quality, you would have a signal with a shorter one, bad but you would have some in well covered areas. But it is true that if you plan to support a spectrum, you need sized antennas for good quality.

Does anyone know if buying the new Mi5s in China, would I be able to use the 4G LTE in Spain?
Thanks!!

Hi Ivorra
I live in Dolo - Venice - Italy and my Redmi Note 2 connects the 4g very fine.

Definitely not feel the lack of the band 20 and when it is not available connects in H +, internet traffic mode runs very fast anyway.
I think it will be the same for the model Mi5s

Reactions: Ivorra
I'm thinking of 2 possibilities: it's either a business plan, they make phone for chinese market with cheap prices. Wait to get bigger and then make more expensive phones for western market when they will have more ressources and/or they are scared of lawsuit from Apple if their release in western so better keep it low until they have products that look more different.
Anyway, They have good reasons to stay focused on China/India market for now, it's already a very big market. Europe has a 2years warranty law that would cost them a lot. They better wait when they are bigger.
I think you're right. The business model for these types of Chinese companies are usually like that. It's a matter of how the companies are funded, and where they need to focus.

To my knowledge the Chinese government gives permission to local companies to operate outside the country, one area/market at the time. The company needs to prove it's worth before it's allowed to do business in the West, like you say... It needs to be big and solid.

Take for instance Huawei and Lenovo, they are quite old, and have proved their worth, and that's what we can buy those brands in the West. We have just been introduced to ZTE, which is of similar age than the other companies, which might be reason why we see this company in Europe and in the US.

Xiaomi on the other hand is a relatively young company, but has already made a big splash in the globalized world. So we might be lucky to have all bands available within a few years, I hope. It's all about the solidity of the company.

Hi Ivorra
I live in Dolo - Venice - Italy and my Redmi Note 2 connects the 4g very fine.

Definitely not feel the lack of the band 20 and when it is not available connects in H +, internet traffic mode runs very fast anyway.
I think it will be the same for the model Mi5s

Good to hear that, I will think about which version to buy.