Magisk on HyperOS Xiaomi 12pro

Waker

Members
Dec 30, 2019
Hi!,
Yesterday I installed the new HyperOS rom on my 12pro (DITING) which has been working fine so far, however I can't seem to get magisk on it.
I open the magisk app, click on patch and patch the boot.img. Reboot to fastboot and install the patched image but then I get stuck on a bootloop.

Has anyone had success on this?

Hi!,
Yesterday I installed the new HyperOS rom on my 12pro (DITING) which has been working fine so far, however I can't seem to get magisk on it.
I open the magisk app, click on patch and patch the boot.img. Reboot to fastboot and install the patched image but then I get stuck on a bootloop.

Has anyone had success on this?
perhaps a module is not compatible…. delete it

First possibility:

use this tool you can install it with "twrp":
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Second possibility:
  • Go to the ‘Advanced’ menu in TWRP
  • Select ‘File Manager’ to launch the in-built file manager
  • Navigate to ‘/data/adb/modules’ directory where the installed modules are present.
  • You shall see folders by names of the modules installed on your phone
  • Open the folder of the Magisk Module that you want to delete and tap on the button at the bottom-right of the screen.
  • Select ‘Delete’ from the list of available actions
  • Finally, swipe the button on the screen to confirm the action and delete the Magisk Module from your phone
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Third possibility:

Safe Mode
(This is not the "Recovery mode" or the "Fastboot mode" )
In case your phone shows a lot of errors and you cant handle them because there are a lot of pop up windows or you want to deinstall something from magisk as example ... try the "safe mode" only some important standard apps will be loaded:
  1. Power off your Android device and then power it on. You can also use the Reboot or Restart option.
  2. You will see the Powered by Android logo and MI logo on the boot screen, If they disappear and the Screen ist black, press and hold the Volume Down key down so long till system ist loaded
  3. The System will load and you will see a watermark... Safe mode
  4. Deinstall the app with the error / analyze the root cause of the issue and so on ...
  5. Reboot the phone to get off the "safe mode"
  6. Perhaps after loading you have to disable AirPlane Mode

Reactions: Waker
I'm still looking into what you sent, but I did flash the original boot.img back and the phone is working. Would there be a better way to remove the module?
Also, what TWRP version are you using? I can't seem to find proper TWRPs for this phone.

Edit.: Trying to follow the instructions you linked, can't seem to access my SDCard while on TWRP. I believe there were some issues while decrypting Android 14 data or something, maybe that would be the case?

Last edited:
I'm still looking into what you sent, but I did flash the original boot.img back and the phone is working. Would there be a better way to remove the module?
Also, what TWRP version are you using? I can't seem to find proper TWRPs for this phone.

Edit.: Trying to follow the instructions you linked, can't seem to access my SDCard while on TWRP. I believe there were some issues while decrypting Android 14 data or something, maybe that would be the case?
install the old rom version and magisk try then to disable the modules. before updating a rom disable always the modules.

install the old rom version and magisk try then to disable the modules. before updating a rom disable always the modules.
I thought about that but I fear downgrading will f' up my phone and I don't have anywhere at the moment to store a backup to :/

Edit: I fixed it in the most weird way possible. I did have access to recovery so I went on the "advanced" options on TWRP. From there I clicked on "flash magisk to boot.img". After that it rebooted to system successfuly, while inside the system I opened the magisk app and it automatically installed the "proper" magisk app (that "settings" app).
After that, while inside that app, I clicked on update the installed magisk version (25.X was installed by TWRP) and it's now working and updated to the latest version.

Hopefully it helps someone :)

Last edited:
Update before 3 hours, no problem at all. using last magisk, play integrity fix and lposed.
no bootloop at all

I'm also using 12T Pro (diting), which twrp version did you use to upgrade to Hyperos? Does HyperOs have Second Space?

Screenshot_2024-02-09-00-14-32-764_com.android.settings.jpgScreenshot_2024-02-09-00-16-18-799_dzmw.cfz.jpgScreenshot_2024-02-09-00-16-22-077_dzmw.cfz.jpgScreenshot_2024-02-09-00-16-27-628_dzmw.cfz.jpg
Confirm that Diting (12T Pro) up Hyperos is still normal rooting. When I flashed the rom from twrp, I checked the option to install magisk as well