Mi 10 from 12.5.7 to 12.5.8 Root

abdominazer

Members
Sep 13, 2021
I´m currently running Xiaomi.eu 12.5.7 with magisk root and would like to update to latest stable Xiaomi.eu 12.5.8
What´s the procedure to do it safely?

Thank you in advance!

Install ROM first then install Magisk (zip file) in your custom recovery. Reboot after that. ;)

Hi, I just updated (through twrp) from stable 12.0.8 trooted with magisk root to stable EU. 12.5.7 and I lost my magisk root. I've been watching videos and reading tutorials and it's all a little confusing saying you have to sometimes format data etc..

Above you mention just to flash magisk through twrp and I get root? No need to patch the boot.img file?

(I have the poco f2 Pro if it makes a difference?)

Thanks

Hi, I just updated (through twrp) from stable 12.0.8 trooted with magisk root to stable EU. 12.5.7 and I lost my magisk root. I've been watching videos and reading tutorials and it's all a little confusing saying you have to sometimes format data etc..

Above you mention just to flash magisk through twrp and I get root? No need to patch the boot.img file?

(I have the poco f2 Pro if it makes a difference?)

Thanks
thats normal that you will loose magisk if you update coz of the new boot.img

install magisk again and it will be fine. it is not necessary to format any partition. within this process the boot.img will be patched again and still be there until the next update

Reactions: geoorg and Poney70
I ran the uninstall.zip from the thread and then rebooted again into twrp and flashed the magisk v23 and root was there

I was a little confused as I've stayed so long on my 12.0.8 because I hated the bubbles that was forced on Facebook messenger... Just to find out it still uses bubbles instead of the chat heads..

In any case I got root back and thank you.

Reactions: katerpanne