Mi 10 Ultra Root

mhmdh94

Members
Nov 19, 2020
Hello People,
Searched the forum about rooting Mi 10 ultra but couldn't find anything.
does anyone know enough how to root Mi 10 Ultra Android 11 on Xiaomi EU Beta Rom ? Hopefully one that works and does not end up in bootloop.

That guide is now obsolete as you can now just install the latest magisk canary directly without having to install an old version first (tried on my own mi 10 ultra with the latest weekly)

download it from https://github.com/topjohnwu/magisk_files/tree/canary (file magisk-debug.zip ) and just install it using twrp.

After you install you can should enable "magiskhide" and install the module "magiskhide props config".
You should also repackage magisk manager: the repackaging might fail and to make it work you have to temporarily disable "google play protect" (Settings > Security Status > Google play protect > gear in the top right corner > toggle "Scan apps with play protect" ). Rememeber to re-enable it after the repackaging

After that you should install a terminal app like "termux" adn execute the following list of commands

su (grant superuser access)
props
- select option 2 (Force basic key attestation)
- select option d (pick from device list)
- select xiaomi (i used the xiaomi mi 10 pro)

this ensure that safetynet pass and also enable videwine L1 in netflix (at least in my case drmcheck was returning L1
while netflix was only using L3 until i changed that option)

I also recommend to delete the TWRP folder from the /data (some system checks for its existance to determine if a device is rooted)

if an application complains about the rooted device, simply delete the application data , add the application to magiskhide and restart the app.

Last edited:
You should also repackage magisk manager: the repackaging might fail and to make it work you have to temporarily disable "google play protect" (Settings > Security Status > Google play protect > gear in the top right corner > toggle "Scan apps with play protect" ). Rememeber to re-enable it after the repackaging

I'm getting on a bit in age... what do you mean by "repackage magisk manager"?

If I root Ultra, install the chinese camera app... am I then able to un-root, and if so, will the chinese camera app still work? (I think the EU camera app is pretty bad, and I've also got the *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* app/mod). Many phones before this had better camera, dunno if I'm doing something wrong

The camera app in the EU ROM is the same as the stable or weekly Chinese app. The EU guys don't make a separate camera app, they just use the Chinese app versions. Why would you decompile the ROM, invest time and money and create a different app, put it back in the EU ROM. These guys do it as a hobby for us EU users. So you are wasting your valuable time and effort. Your best bet is to just use the Chinese ROM if you think the app is any better or download the *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* app and XML files to see if you can tweak 8t that way.

Crikey, chill your beans! In absolutely no way was this a dig at the developers, I just have issues with the camera (probably me), it certainly doesn't allow "point and shoot" to get great pictures - I get a ridiculous blue tint to photos of computer screen etc for example. I had read elsewhere that installing the Chinese camera improved the photos, and that the only way to get that is to root.
Apologies if I offended anyone!

No offense taken but I was just trying to explain that the apps are the same as stock Chinese, they are just EUd. Have you set your anti banding to auto. This can help if your issue is down to the refresh rate of your monitor against the shutter speed of the camera. Have you got any screenshots or pics of the issue. Much easier to see the problem if we can.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-12-30-08-54-55-536_com.android.camera.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-12-30-08-54-55-536_com.android.camera.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 228
That guide is now obsolete as you can now just install the latest magisk canary directly without having to install an old version first (tried on my own mi 10 ultra with the latest weekly)

download it from https://github.com/topjohnwu/magisk_files/tree/canary (file magisk-debug.zip ) and just install it using twrp.

Have you been able to access root partition with r/w permissions? I'm able to run adaway with root access, but even if Solid Explorer is granted supersu access, it can't write files in /system/fonts folder.

Does that mean that all Mi 11 series are not getting full root access, even with TWRP 3.5.x? I was planning to upgrade.

Can I create a module to allow root access rw? If yes, please send a guide if possible. Thanks man.
No..., a module with what you want to modify in the System partition. ;)

Magisk module template => MMT-Extended-v1.6-minimal.zip

In zip:

- "system" folder = root of the system partition. Add your system modifications there.

- "customize.sh" file = configuration file. No need to modify it in most cases.

- "module.prop" file = module info. Modify it like you want, check this guide for more info => https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/guides.html

EDIT: You can rename the zip file of course. ^^

;)

Reactions: mnitpro
No..., a module with what you want to modify in the System partition. ;)

Magisk module template => MMT-Extended-v1.6-minimal.zip

In zip:

- "system" folder = root of the system partition. Add your system modifications there.

- "customize.sh" file = configuration file. No need to modify it in most cases.

- "module.prop" file = module info. Modify it like you want, check this guide for more info => https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/guides.html

EDIT: You can rename the zip file of course. ^^

;)

Let's say I need to replace the default roboto ugly font with iOS San Francisco or Google Sans, there are lots of flashable zips out there, but non of them work upon twrp flashing.