Mi 10 Ultra Twrp Backup Error 255

Mar 19, 2017
Hi all. I've flashed latest unofficial TWRP for Mi 10 Ultra, but when I try to backup I get error 255 (CreateTarFork). I googled about it but no solution worked. Any help how to get rid of it would be highly appreciated. With the earlier TWRP didn't had such problems (the one for 10 ultra that was saying is for Mi10 Pro). Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Reactions: Alexbo
Hi all. I've flashed latest unofficial TWRP for Mi 10 Ultra, but when I try to update I get error 255 (CreateTarFork). I googled about it but no solution worked. Any help how to get rid of it would be highly appreciated. With the earlier TWRP didn't had such problems (the one for 10 ultra that was saying is for Mi10 Pro). Thanks in advance
Try to flash previous TWRP once again (via Fastboot) and then check if the issue disappear.
The newer TWRP (with Mi Ultra on the welcome page) is working with no problem at all here.

Sent from my Mi Ultra via Tapatalk

Try to flash previous TWRP once again (via Fastboot) and then check if the issue disappear.
The newer TWRP (with Mi Ultra on the welcome page) is working with no problem at all here.

Sent from my Mi Ultra via Tapatalk
Do you have by any chance a link to the old recovery? A flashable version?

Hi all. I've flashed latest unofficial TWRP for Mi 10 Ultra, but when I try to backup I get error 255 (CreateTarFork). I googled about it but no solution worked. Any help how to get rid of it would be highly appreciated. With the earlier TWRP didn't had such problems (the one for 10 ultra that was saying is for Mi10 Pro). Thanks in advance

it is mentioned a lot of times ...

# delete with TWRP Filemanager "/data/extm"

Thanks a lot, was having the same problem and after deleting /data/extm it works. I can do full backups!!!

:)
care because i did full backup worked but then when i restore it phone goes on bootloop and had to flash rom again.

restore isnt working for me even if the phone was working perfectly before the restore

Reactions: Alexbo