Mi 4s - Google Backup & Reset

Mvrk69

Members
Jun 17, 2016
Hi,

I've just bought a Xiaomi Mi 4s, and i'm was trying to use google backup & reset, i enable 'Backup my data' button, but the 'Backup account' still statys greyd out a after a few seconds 'Backup my data' gets disabled again :(

Anyone has any idea?

I never tried...
For me it is a better way to take a mSD or USB and make a Miui-Backup or Titanium (root), faster and you have it always also without any online connection.

I never tried...
For me it is a better way to take a mSD or USB and make a Miui-Backup or Titanium (root), faster and you have it always also without any online connection.
I agree with your suggestion. Do you know if there are back up Apps for phones without root? thanks

I think MiUI-Backup doesn't need root.
You are correct that MIUI back up doesn't need root, however when backing up, it get stuck at 42%. On other posts,
it's mentioned that it seems to be bug. That is why I am looking for an App to back up without ROOT.
If you have any App ideas, I would appreciate hearing from you. Thanks for your reply.

I know this problem. Have had it sometimes.
If you have TWRP wipe cache and dalvik an try again. Sometimes it fits. Or reinstall the app, where the backup hangs.
Thanks for your reply. Followed the steps a few times, but it keeps hanging at 42%.

There you make a valid points as it appears to be hanging at most Apps that I installed, but also at Apps in the MIUI ROM like messaging -yep some people still send texts :p -and call history. Isn't that odd?