Mi 6 not recognized

nicetry

Members
Dec 9, 2018
Hello everyone,

Several years ago, I gave my Mi 6 to my son and bought to myself a Mi 9. Now I've gotten the phone back but, not being able to get the pw, made a mistake - wiped everything from TWRP. Though, the same time I knew that with ADB I should be able to reinstall the OS because I could boot to Fastboot . Unfortunately, an unexpected and serious problem revealed: the phone was not recognized by any PC's. It can boot into the recovery (TWRP 3.3.0-1), Fasboot and from TWRP to EDL (it means that phone is not bricked). The phone is unlocked. Tried with many different PCs and OTA adapters. The other phones I tried (Mi9, OnePlus 9, etc)

Screenshot - 09.04.2024 , 12_29_20.png

As you see, the Descriptor Request has failed. The commands adb devices and fastboot devices give empty lines. At first I thought that the USB port or board of the phone has failed and I bought a new board for the phone. But the problem persisted. I have read everything I could from here and from other forums. There's are lot of the similar issues but nothing helped me.

The most annoying thing is that phone itself cannot recoginise any OTA devices neither. In TWRP, USB-OTG checkboxes are not checkables. This was why I was leaning to belive that USB was physically damaged. But now I know it wasn't.

I've spended so many days on searching a solution to make an OS image available for restoring, but achieved nothing. It's sad, because the phone is in very good condition, like new! I'm started thinking, should I try to connect directly to eMMC chip by ISP method but I don't have a UFI toolbox and I can't buy it because it's too expensive for me (I am a handicapped).

I've read that in some cases, when someone ereased everything, he lost he's phone's USB connectivity similarily like in my case. But EDL has helped (or mostly, at least). Can anybody suggest me, what could I try or how could I install the OS without buying too expencive to me the UFI Toolbox?

Android-USB-OTG.jpg