Invalid MI 8 Can't get Foxtel GO streaming app working

foxsake

Members
Apr 6, 2021
Phone details: MI 8 global, bootloader unlocked, latest twrp and firmware installed, latest miui eu.
App details: Foxtel GO version 6.0.0, installed from playstore.
Hi all,
Not sure if this belongs in bugs but I have noticed my foxtel go app detects that the phone is jailbroken/rooted. The phone is not rooedt but obviously boot loader is unlocked. I dont have any root software installed, just the miui eu rom itself.
I have tried using magisk hide, but no matter what I tried it still wont work. (so I reinstalled miui eu without magisk as i prefer not use it if not useful)
All banking apps etc work fine.
Just wondering if this is something that can be fixed on your end or is there something else I can try? Or do I just need to find a new streaming service (prefer not:) )
I have had foxtel go working on other custom roms, with pixel experience it worked without any mods, lineage 17.1 had to use magisk for banking and steaming apps.
I'm happy to test anything you guys suggest. If you need any more info let me know
Thanks for your time,
Lucas
p.s. Thanks for your work, the rom is great. If i have to ill change streaming services before I change rom :)

Without detailed information on how exactly the app determines if the phone is rooted, there's little we can do.

Reactions: foxsake
True, appologies.
What kind of info would you be after ? I'm happy to provide whatever I can.
I assume you dont just want a screen shot of the error message :)
thanks for you time Igor

p.s. Pictured is Igor our cat :) excellent name!!

Attachments

• igor.jpg
    igor.jpg
    597.8 KB · Views: 165
True, appologies.
What kind of info would you be after ? I'm happy to provide whatever I can.
I assume you dont just want a screen shot of the error message :)
thanks for you time Igor

p.s. Pictured is Igor our cat :) excellent name!!
Heh lovely cat, got two of my own.
Well, I need to see the source code, specifically the part where the check for root is made, so there's little you can do, unless you're the developer.