Mi 8 SE Hard Bricked

dmellios

Members
Aug 29, 2018
Hello guys ,
I go straight to the topic.
I bought my Mi 8 SE from aliexpress with global dev installed . After the installation of the latest dev 8.8.23 my device lost all of the sensors .

Tried to install different roms Global Stables , China stables and even China devs but with no success regarding the sensors. After some search on the web I found out about a guy having the same problem with the sensors and he claimed that he fixed it by just mounting persist.img via TWRP. But in my situation the phone did not recognized the sensors once again. So I searched a little more and found out that you have to load the persist image from TWRP's terminal with a simple line .

That eventually bricked my phone completely .
No Recovery mode , no Fastboot mode and no system boot what so ever.

The device only flashes the MI logo for half a second and that is all.

I've heard about deep flash cables and stuff only to avoid disassembling the phone !! (I hope this does not burn my house or my phone )

Could anyone please help with this ?

Thank you all.

Nice, i did exactly the same as you did. I disassembling the phone and did the test point methode to get in the EDL mode. From there the party starts and tried for about 2,5 week to get a authorized account from Xiaomi, without any luck. Eventually i bought a Authorized account from a site for €30 and now my phone is back a life. I think that is the only solution. Dont know how a deep flash cable work, but if that can bring you in EDL mode, i prefere that. But when youre phone is back a life, i think youre sensors will still be down. In my situation it was, but when i did that trick with mount the persist.img in TWRP they were back. I took the persist from the latest China offical rom.

Reactions: dmellios
Thank you for your response . Sorry to hear that you had the same problem ! I also prefer the idea of a cable instead of ripping my brand new device , but I am a little worried on facing an even bigger mess !! Could you be more specific on how you managed to mount the persist image through TWRP, because it was the first thing that I tried but it didn't work.

Also why did you have to wait 2,5 weeks to get an account ? Do you mean that the bootloader after all this, locks ?

I just downloaded the latest officiel chinese fastboot rom: V9.5.10.0.OEBCNFA en with 7zip i extracted the persist img and copied it to my phone, that was back a lift. I installed TWRP with fastboot and mounted the persist partition at the mount section in TWRP. Next i pressed on install and "install image". There i navigated to the ripped persist.img that i transferd to my phone and clicked on it. Then TWRP asked my on what partition i wanted to install the persist.img and of course i chose for the persist.img. I restarted the phone without wiping the cache or anything, and my sensors were back.

About the account. Xiaomi has a Anti-rollback system, so that you cant downgrade to a older version of android. Normally you can do that in the EDL mode, but Xiaomi has disable that for people without a Authorized account. If you flash a rom with the EDL mode, there will popup a login screen and from there you need a Authorized account. The problem is that Xiaomi isnt really helpfull at this part. After 2,5 weeks of waiting i couldnt wait for it anymore, so i had to buy such a account on a third-party site, to use the EDL mode. Xiaomi has a radiosilence about this subject, so you never know when or even if you will get such a account. at the moment buying it from a third-party site is the only quick solution. Or you have to find someone with a authorized account that you can borrow. The account i bought, is only useable for one flash,.

To be honest , I didn't have the exact same option on my TWRP and maybe that was the problem from the beginning . On regards of the Authorized Account I have no idea where I could find one or how I could ask one from Xiaomi , I am not an expert on EDL mode and how the procedure goes exactly, but I have to wait and see I suppose .

Thank you for all your help .

ps: If anyone knows anything about a deep flash cable and would like to share some information that would be more than helpful. I am planning on creating one on my own (connecting the white and the green cables from a simple usb). I hope my device won't explode !!

Thats the whole problem, there is no place where you can ask for a Authorized account:p. You can create a free mi account, but they need to Authorize it for you and thats the whole problem where many people are struggling with. If you just take a look on the official Xiaomi forum, you will see how big this problem is. Good luck with making the cable and i hope that it will work.

The whole problem is that there is no place to ask for authorization of you're account. You can create a Mi account and that needs to be Authorized by Xiaomi. Just take a look on the official forum of Xiaomi, and you will see that many people are struggeling with this fact and they only can use there phone as a coaster.

I hope you're cable will work and you can bring back you're phone a life, but i dont think you will get much help of our "friends" of Xiaomi.

For now I am using it to balance my broken table ! Hahaha. Thank you once again for all your help !

I will search a little more and if I come up with a solution I'll post it hear. Lets hope that someone with more experience will help me with the cable !
I hope I won't connect wrong wires and fry my device!!

[QUOTE = "dmellios, post: 440358, member: 205607"] Hola chicos,
Voy directamente al tema.
Compré mi Mi 8 SE de ********** con el desarrollador global instalado. Después de la instalación del último dev 8.8.23 mi dispositivo perdió todos los sensores.

Intenté instalar diferentes roms Global Stables, establos de China e incluso desarrolladores de China, pero sin éxito con respecto a los sensores. Después de buscar en la web, descubrí que un tipo tenía el mismo problema con los sensores y afirmó que lo solucionó simplemente montando persist.img a través de TWRP. Pero en mi situación, el teléfono no reconoció los sensores una vez más. Así que busqué un poco más y descubrí que tienes que cargar la imagen persistente desde el terminal de TWRP con una línea simple.

Eso finalmente bloqueó mi teléfono por completo.
Sin modo de recuperación, sin modo Fastboot y sin sistema de arranque, lo que nunca.

El dispositivo solo muestra el logotipo de MI por medio segundo y eso es todo.

¡He oído hablar de cables de flash profundos y otras cosas solo para evitar que se desarme el teléfono! (Espero que esto no queme mi casa o mi teléfono)

¿Alguien podría ayudar con esto?

Gracias a todos. [/ QUOTE]
lo arreglas? I have the same problem!!! :(