mi 9 turning off randomly.

royexes

Members
Apr 9, 2021
First of all sorry about my english, hope you'll understand me.
Suddenly my mi 9 start to turn off itself whenever he want. i have it about one and a half year and zero problems until that. im on official rom.
sometimes after it turned off, i cant wake him up. sometime some taps on the back help to turn it on.
i will try to do a video for a better understanding. Im suggest you to low the volume when you start the video:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ukV0bcnZ1MLNuFLYQeU6ZDT6c5ViKxY5/view?usp=sharing

now i cant turn it on completely. Is a new battery will solve the problem?

Hi. Sorry for my English. My Mi9 is having the same problem. It turns off, whether it's connected to power or not, and most of the time it takes hours to turn it on. Did you find the cause of your problem?

First of all sorry about my english, hope you'll understand me.
Suddenly my mi 9 start to turn off itself whenever he want. i have it about one and a half year and zero problems until that. im on official rom.
sometimes after it turned off, i cant wake him up. sometime some taps on the back help to turn it on.
i will try to do a video for a better understanding. Im suggest you to low the volume when you start the video:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ukV0bcnZ1MLNuFLYQeU6ZDT6c5ViKxY5/view?usp=sharing

now i cant turn it on completely. Is a new battery will solve the problem?
sometime internal battery connector is ageing too fast. It is just to open your phone and check the surface connection to and from the battery.
Not that much complicated, most difficult is to open phone back.

sometime internal battery connector is ageing too fast. It is just to open your phone and check the surface connection to and from the battery.
Not that much complicated, most difficult is to open phone back.

Thanks for the answer!
In this case, would the solution then be to replace the battery?

I have very similar problem on Mi 9 SE, xiaomi.eu MIUI 12.1. It randomly restarts sometimes, but I think more often when charging. It used to happen more often, now it's rarer, but it sometimes still happens. 1 month with no problem and then 3 restarts in a week.

I have this also on Mi 9 SE, lost faith in Xiaomi seeing that this happens on all array of phones from 8 to 11, and Xiaomi doesn't address this issue at all.
It has nothing to do with battery connector or "ageing connector" (whatever that means), or even battery itself. I test it. 99% sure it's harware issue on motherboard, but Xiaomi won't pinpoit the culprit, so it can be repaired. I have all the tools and know-how to make such repair, but I don't know what to change/reflow.