MI 9t gets hot and drain battery

razorinc

Members
Nov 14, 2013
I have MI 9t, miui global 11.0.2 stable, everything stock
My problem is that phone gets really hot at some point and starts to drain battery, even if I dont use it. Sometimes screen goes black, unresponsive and I must hold the power button to turn it on again. Once stucked in bootloop, so I had to do data wipe in recovery to get it back in system. Ofc all my data was lost.

I tried also autostart solution, but it does not help.

Anyone here with this problem tried to unlock bootloader and change to other rom, just to know is it a hardware or software issue?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-11-13-07-03-23-560_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-11-13-07-03-23-560_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 1,311
  • Screenshot_2019-11-13-07-03-46-479_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-11-13-07-03-46-479_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 1,426
My wife have the same problem, After reinstall the rom, it's the same... I Hope Xiaomi will fix it soon..

I am on stock global Xiaomi. I was hoping to flash Xiaomi.eu rom to solve this problem only to find a thread that has opened the very same issue I was trying to solve :(

I have the exact same problem: mi9t stock got hot, extreme battery drain and shutting down.

I read disabling all the apps from "auto-start" helped, since in MIUI 11 all the apps came with this option ON. But I had already done this and the problem appear to me also.

I also read the system app "Services and Feedback" can cause the battery drain. By coincidence I updated this app yesterday and the problems of heat and battery drain started today. I've uninstalled updates from this app and will see if it solves the issue.

I have the exact same problem: mi9t stock got hot, extreme battery drain and shutting down.

I read disabling all the apps from "auto-start" helped, since in MIUI 11 all the apps came with this option ON. But I had already done this and the problem appear to me also.

I also read the system app "Services and Feedback" can cause the battery drain. By coincidence I updated this app yesterday and the problems of heat and battery drain started today. I've uninstalled updates from this app and will see if it solves the issue.
Do you have Youtube official installed?

Yes I have. Both youtube official + youtube vanced.

Why? there is known issues with youtube draining battery? Because youtube doesn't appear in the battery stats as consuming battery.
yes, official Youtube has been reported staying seeking for DRM right in background.
No pain to remove it to test this direction.

yes, official Youtube has been reported staying seeking for DRM right in background.
No pain to remove it to test this direction.

Thank you! "uninstalling updated" its enought? Because since it's a system app I cannot fully uninstall it (unless I use ADB tools I guess...)

Thank you! "uninstalling updated" its enought? Because since it's a system app I cannot fully uninstall it (unless I use ADB tools I guess...)
I've found back the stuff: