Mi 9T Pro setting ring tone for different contacts

JrRocteTrue

Members
Oct 16, 2019
Hi
I cannot select ringtone by contacts.
This is a new Mi 9T Pro with Android 9
When I go to contact for users there is NO option to set default ring type.
Is there a way to do this ?
Thanks in advance.

Hi
I cannot select ringtone by contacts.
This is a new Mi 9T Pro with Android 9
When I go to contact for users there is NO option to set default ring type.
Is there a way to do this ?
Thanks in advance.

It is in Contacts, go to the user you want to change, and scroll down. It is the last but one option.

Reactions: JrRocteTrue
It is in Contacts, go to the user you want to change, and scroll down. It is the last but one option.
I think the problem is that I don't have the Mi Contact, the contact application I have on my phone is the Google one, after reading your post I looked everywhere once again and I found it in the three dotted lines above right, see attachment
Thanks for your post though, it made me look further!
I will see if there is a Mi contact app that I can use here in Belgium!

Attachments

• photo_2019-10-27_12-26-47.jpg
    photo_2019-10-27_12-26-47.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 414
I think the problem is that I don't have the Mi Contact, the contact application I have on my phone is the Google one, after reading your post I looked everywhere once again and I found it in the three dotted lines above right, see attachment
Thanks for your post though, it made me look further!
I will see if there is a Mi contact app that I can use here in Belgium!

I see. Sounds like you are not using Xiaomi.EU ROM - or maybe the stable version with Android 9 uses the Google Contact app. I remember that I also had that one on my phone when I still used the original ROM the phone came with (in the week of waiting before I could unlock...).

I see. Sounds like you are not using Xiaomi.EU ROM - or maybe the stable version with Android 9 uses the Google Contact app. I remember that I also had that one on my phone when I still used the original ROM the phone came with (in the week of waiting before I could unlock...).
No, I'm new to the Xiaomi phone line so at the moment it is stock standard!
So you would recommende I unlock it and install the latest Xiaomi.Eu ROM for the fun ?
I'm a Unix Consultant so I'm not afraid of the technical aspects , but I do want a stable phone. Perhaps I should get a second one of these to play with, what do you think , would you get this model or another for playing with ROMS !

No, I'm new to the Xiaomi phone line so at the moment it is stock standard!
So you would recommende I unlock it and install the latest Xiaomi.Eu ROM for the fun ?
I'm a Unix Consultant so I'm not afraid of the technical aspects , but I do want a stable phone. Perhaps I should get a second one of these to play with, what do you think , would you get this model or another for playing with ROMS !

I totally recommend you try the EU ROM. Although it is labelled "beta", it is very stable, certainly stable enough for daily use. I haven't had any real problems with the EU ROM for more than two years on several Xiaomi devices, and never found them buggier than the "stable" versions (which, like any other software, is also not bug-free).