Mi A1 Screen flickering when simcard is in the phone

Johanneswk

Members
Nov 29, 2018
Hey dear all,

I've got a strange problem with my Mi A1. When the sim-card is in the phone the whole phone becomes unresponsive and the screen starts flickering.
After 10 seconds the phone restarts to the recovery and says something did go wrong while booting. The strange thing is that when I remove the simcard from the phone everything goes normal again.
I've tried it on both sim slots and both have the problem.
Is there a known fix for this?

Regards,
Johannes

I'm beginning to wonder if there isn't something strange going on with some new simcards.

I have a new Huawei router that works fine with several Swedish operators, but when I put in a simcard from one particular opeartor the router begins to reboot every 1 - 5 minutes, for no apparent reason.
It will however make an internet connection while it is not rebooting.

This operators simcards work fine however in another router I have and in my Xiaomi phones.

Something weird is going on.

How can a simcard trigger a router to reboot, and with no error messages at all, just reboots?

I have the same issue, when the phone reboots the screen flashes and I can't login.
After a while it reboots and suggest to destroy all my data by factory reset.
The phone does boot if the simcard is not inserted so I copied photo's etc to computer.
One strange thing is that the sd card that has been working for years can now no longer be recognised by a computer.

Isn't Mi A1 and Android One phone? I don't remember us having a Xiaomi.eu ROM for it.

It is indeed an android one phone.
Last update begin november but occured after reboot today (haven't rebooted in over a month).
Apparently the wife tried some sort of 'slap fix' against my advice.
She slapped the phone to her hand a few times though I said it was clearly a software issue but the device booted as normal afterwards...
I still can't recommend this 'fix' though.

-edit- before the wristslapping, I had changed the language of the phone to English which apparently avoided the issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: cobben
My point is, this is "Xiaomi MIUI Community Lounge: Bugs" section. Mi A1 is not an MIUI-based device, so it has nothing to do with MIUI bugs, especially when it's not our ROM.

The problem is that I was advised to put my problems in the Xiaomi bugs tread by Xiaomi Benelux.
So they told me to look for help here

The problem is that I was advised to put my problems in the Xiaomi bugs tread by Xiaomi Benelux.
So they told me to look for help here
How funny of Xiaomi, is like asking you to go look for the local fireman to help you to catch a thief. Anyway, have you did a fresh and clean wipe?

I get it
However there aren't places like this I for the mi A1 I guess.

No it didn't work out, I've flashed the whole rom again. However it's strange that it stopped working from one moment to another. So for it to be an hardware issue sounds pretty hard to me because it wasn't dropped or so.