Mi Mini Router Packet Data?

KNicholas

Members
Sep 4, 2015
Hi everyone,
I was thinking if there is anyway to access logs on mini Mi router? For example syslog or packet log. I am trying to look at domain requests from my devices to see where they connect.
Thank you in advance
Nicholas

There are apps on the Play Store (like Fing) that can show you the path your connection takes.

Hope this helps.

There are apps on the Play Store (like Fing) that can show you the path your connection takes.

Hope this helps.
Hi Hitardo, thank you for your reply.
I know that you are trying to help me find an alternative or better said, workaround to my problem, however what I am asking for from developers is one of the general features found in most other routers, a log menu or packet data menu under security, or a setting where you can write an ip address to be syslog where you can watch for every packet data or other router informations in real time. Everything that happens with the router. Fing or other similar apps are basically for the device you are using alone and they do not offer the same capabilities found under log menu of for example open wrt or ddwrt or any other routers on the market. I could never guess that there is a router nowadays which don't have this basic capability!
Thanks.

I did not understand want you wanted.
I tough you wanted to know where exactly Xiaomi routers directed the traffic.

You want something like this, right?

I would love to have that too.
But you have to make the request on the official forum for Xiaomi routers.

PS: You can always flash OpenWRT on Mi Wifi Router mini.
Do you want me to send you some links of the tutorial and stuff?

I did not understand want you wanted.
I tough you wanted to know where exactly Xiaomi routers directed the traffic.

You want something like this, right?

I would love to have that too.
But you have to make the request on the official forum for Xiaomi routers.

PS: You can always flash OpenWRT on Mi Wifi Router mini.
Do you want me to send you some links of the tutorial and stuff?

Hi again :)
Yes something like the picture you uploaded, but a little more information as for example which dns request have been made, how many packets lost etc.

About the forum... It looks like they never check it, or may be they don't care about the international customers... Yet.

I found out that under "wifi" tab (where you can name your wifi and channels), there is a field where you can chose your locale. You can choose between China mainland, Hong Kong and Thailand. Only if you choose China mainland and then through the mobile app check the plug in. Voila, there is a new plugin named weekly stats. I am not brave enough to accept the user agreement and activate it, however it could be a similar function but on XiaoMi website not on the router. As I said, I haven't been brave enough to allow them collect my usage. If anyone is brave to check that out, it will be wonderful to see a screenshot of the stats.

About the openwrt, I have already found the tutorial. Thank you mate :) however, I will stay on the original firmware and see what updates they bring on.

Have a great time
Nicholas