New Mi mover won't connect

Joanne

Members
Jun 8, 2017
I want to tranfer some app data from my old phone (Redmi Note 4) to my new phone, a Redmi Note 7. However, I just can't get the phones to connect. Well, I can, with the new phone as the sender, but that is exactly what I do not need.

I have tried; trying all three different options for Wi-Fi frequency band (RN4 only, RN7 *doesn't have the option), turning off the Wi-Fi assistent on both phones, and turning off traffic/speed mode (RN7 only, RN4*) I have rebooted etc, but it jus WILL NOT connect. The receiving phone does occasionally ask for the password of the hotspot it is trying to connect to, but since it's automatically generated (Mi Mover on RN4 only accepts QR) I have no clue what it is.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Or are these devices just incompatible?

I want to tranfer some app data from my old phone (Redmi Note 4) to my new phone, a Redmi Note 7. However, I just can't get the phones to connect. Well, I can, with the new phone as the sender, but that is exactly what I do not need.

I have tried; trying all three different options for Wi-Fi frequency band (RN4 only, RN7 *doesn't have the option), turning off the Wi-Fi assistent on both phones, and turning off traffic/speed mode (RN7 only, RN4*) I have rebooted etc, but it jus WILL NOT connect. The receiving phone does occasionally ask for the password of the hotspot it is trying to connect to, but since it's automatically generated (Mi Mover on RN4 only accepts QR) I have no clue what it is.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Or are these devices just incompatible?
the same for me: i need to move from a redminote 3 miui10 to redminote 7 miui11 and i have the same problem: mi mover does not connect