Mi Note 3 Bluetooth

barbace

Members
May 2, 2017
Hi, my Bluetooth it's stopped by itself, and for turn on it I have to restart my phone.

Inviato dal mio Mi Note 3 utilizzando Tapatalk

My device is Mi Note 3 ( rom weekly 8.7.12)and Bluetooth work perfectly

yes, it works perfectly - until it de-activates itself and doesn't allow to be re-activated without restarting the phone. And that occurs at least once a day, for no obvious reason.

After update to 8.7.19 I don't have this bug anymore. For now and after 5 h.

Edit...This morning I had Bluetooth bug yet.
I need do a reboot for turn on it.

Last edited:
Edit...This morning I had Bluetooth bug yet.
I need do a reboot for turn on it.

So, let's hope for next week's update. I am also counting on a mod's word here that this update will bring back "quick snap mode" for the camera.

I confirm the bug on 8.8.9. If you turn on airplane mode and then turn off it the Bluetooth not restarted. Only reboot solved it

I confirm the bug on 8.8.9. If you turn on airplane mode and then turn off it the Bluetooth not restarted. Only reboot solved it

I also confirm it - I wonder why the devs (those in China, not those of the .eu ROM) do not focus on fixing such obvious and repeatedly reported/confirmed bugs.

Hey everyone!

Same story here, BT stopping after a bit and no way to have it working again until the phone is being restarted.

I come from a custom ROM where everything worked actually very fine, even if it was on Android 7!
I wanted to give a try to this Oreo based MIUI EU version (I am on the weekly no), but I can see here that this Bluetooth bug has been around for long time!

Are we going to see it solved, or should I just move elsewhere?
It's so a pity!

Cheers
Dario

Reactions: PaliBii
I can confirn this bug. If you turn off bluetooth, you can't turn on it again unless you reboot the phone.
I have miui developer 8.9.20.

Is anybody of relevance reading this topic? It seems this thing has been going on for ages and never got fixed or even mentioned anywhere! :-/

Is anybody of relevance reading this topic? It seems this thing has been going on for ages and never got fixed or even mentioned anywhere! :-/

It is actually mentioned EVERYWHERE (also in the Xiaomi forum, which tells us that it is not a bug of the eu ROM), as it is a bug that came with the very first version of MIUI 10 in July. And no, it is not fixed yet, unfortunately.

Right, that makes sense! ;-) Thanx a lot for your reply!
I can anyways confirm that the telefon itself is off course not the problem, since I never had any issues with other roms (based on stock Android, both Lollipop and Oreo). I just wantet to give the EU version a try, in general -and apart from the BT bug- it works fine, a better experience than the MIUI 8 and 9 I tried before.

Right, that makes sense! ;-) Thanx a lot for your reply!
I can anyways confirm that the telefon itself is off course not the problem, since I never had any issues with other roms (based on stock Android, both Lollipop and Oreo). I just wantet to give the EU version a try, in general -and apart from the BT bug- it works fine, a better experience than the MIUI 8 and 9 I tried before.

Apart from the Bluetooth bug, which annoys me a lot, the latest MIUI weekly is really good. It consumes less battery than most versions of MIUI 10 before (although MIUI 9 was still a bit better), and the camera has improved a lot so that it is now almost on par with the excellent camera app of MIUI 9.
The only other problem that I have with it (but that isn't really important to me), is that Mi Cloud backup does not work - it is so slow that it takes an hour or more to upload a single image, and the app backup just throws an error. It may be a server problem on Xiaomi's side, but it came exactly at the same time of updating to 8.9.20, so I think it is more likely to be ROM-related.

Yes, same bluetooth bug for me in MIUI 10 Stable xiaomi.eu with Mi Note 3. I come from official global and had no BT no problem there.

I have also noted some other issues: Spotify stops playing randomly, camera seems to be worse quality than MIUI 9 global official and Google thinks my phone is Mi 6 and not Mi Note 3. Do you guys have that too?

Ok the good side, MIUI 10 is nice looking, assistant works better and talks back, maps compass is now pointing right and Google pay working :)

Oh, and one question. If I update now to next xiaomi.eu versions, do I have to use twrp or I can use the phone updater app? Will it erase all my apps again? (I'm a mess with passwords)