Mi Remote App Not Working In Xiaomi.eu

AlbertoMN

Members
May 17, 2017
Hi everybody, since the first time I flashed Xiaomi.EU on my Redmi 3S I'm having issues with the Mi Remote App that comes pre-installed.

I can run the app, and search for devices listed by brand (in this case a York AC unit or a LG TV). The problem is that when I choose a brand and the app shows the blue button for "testing" IR codes until one works, no code works.

This doesn't happen on Stable MIUI releases and when I use custom ROMs like LineageOS or ResurrectionRemix. In these ROMs the app works without problems.

I don't understand why IR doesn't work only on XIAOMI.EU, but in all other ROMs the same app, with the same settings, works well. Could this be a bug? Something permission-related?

Thanks in advance for any help :)

EDIT: Got the app working again doing this:

• Remove the Mi Remote apk from system partition (using TWRP file manager, or rooting the device and removing the apk manually with a file manager, or using a uninstaller app)
  • Install again Mi Remote from the Play Store (or installing manually the latest apk).

Hope this helps anybody in the future, nice day.

Last edited:
Mine have that problem too but weirdly only the AC Remote option didnt work (i can see when i press a button the ir blaster doesn't turn on or send anything) but if i use the TV Remote option the ir blaster works just normally. The solution for me is to uninstall the Mi Remote built in to the rom then download Mi Remote from the playstore then everything is working okay. Hope this helps.