Mi Smart Hub

SLDDL

Members
Oct 27, 2020
Hey, is it possible to connect the mi smart hub to a pc ? I saw multiple demos where is says i can but i can't find any way to connect it.
I tried miui+ but it doesn't appear in the mi smart hub card

Last edited:
Reactions: Tobias.SDB
I've tried using a Chinese Mi Account but that also didn't do it. I have a Xiaomi Laptop with MIUI+ and the normal connection works. Just don't know why Smart Hub doesn't work

I've tried using a Chinese Mi Account but that also didn't do it. I have a Xiaomi Laptop with MIUI+ and the normal connection works. Just don't know why Smart Hub doesn't work
I'm sorry for this off-topic question, but how did you create a Chinese Xiaomi account ?

Okay. Thanks for the reply, I would like to have a Chinese Mi Account, so I could use Mi drive, but it seems impossible to get one.
What do you mean? I have a Xiaomi account registered in the US and I can use Mi Drive.

What do you mean? I have a Xiaomi account registered in the US and I can use Mi Drive.
You don't have to confuse Mi Cloud (where you can save backups etc) with Mi Drive (that is a little bit like Google drive). Mi Cloud works with all accounts, regardless of the country you have chosen, but Mi Drive only works with a Chinese Xiaomi account.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-07-08-17-32-01-877_com.miui.newmidrive.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-07-08-17-32-01-877_com.miui.newmidrive.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 190
You don't have to confuse Mi Cloud (where you can save backups etc) with Mi Drive (that is a little bit like Google drive). Mi Cloud works with all accounts, regardless of the country you have chosen, but Mi Drive only works with a Chinese Xiaomi account.
Well it may have to do something with account creation date but my account is registered under the USA region and Mi Drive works. Also using it with Slovak phone number.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-08 182711.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-08 182711.png
    32.2 KB · Views: 240
  • Screenshot_2023-07-08-18-29-36-192_com.android.fileexplorer.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-07-08-18-29-36-192_com.android.fileexplorer.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 234
  • Screenshot 2023-07-08 182832.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-08 182832.png
    27.7 KB · Views: 234
Reactions: ƬΉΣ ƧYƧƬΣM
Well it may have to do something with account creation date but my account is registered under the USA region and Mi Drive works. Also using it with Slovak phone number.
That's interesting because when I create a USA Mi Account and try to use Mi drive, it always says "currently only available in mainland China." So you're absolutely right, it has something to do with the account creation date.

Reactions: Spookie
That's interesting because when I create a USA Mi Account and try to use Mi drive, it always says "currently only available in mainland China." So you're absolutely right, it has something to do with the account creation date.
I created mine somewhere in 2018 so I guess back then all account were created on Chinese servers as there weren't any privacy related restrictions for Xiaomi and even Messages and Dialer were included in Stock Global ROM. Good old times.

Reactions: ƬΉΣ ƧYƧƬΣM
Just as an update: I managed to get Mi Drive up and running by creating an account with the region set to Australia. Now, I can also increase the cloud storage space again. It's strange, but I'm glad that it works.