Mi5s cant update to V10.1.2

elmoro94

Members
Dec 17, 2018
Hey Guys,

I had V10.1.1 running on my phone, but decided to update to V10.1.2. But I am stuck on bootlogo.
I tried wiping, factory reset.

I can enter TWRp and reflash V10.1.1, and the phone will boot up. Just not working with V10.1.2.
Any ideas guys?

Does 10.1.2 come with a different android version? If so it's because you have to update the bootloader and twrp to their latest version

Sent from my MI 5s Plus using Tapatalk

Thank you for your reply. Yes one is android 7.0 and the other is v8.0
TWRP is up to date. How I can i update the bootloader?

Fastboot install the latest official rom oreo and then reflash twrp and the rest you got it

Sent from my MI 5s Plus using Tapatalk

Hi, is there a way to install the Oreo bootloader without fastboot i.e. without wiping the phone/apps (have a banking app that I mustn't wipe)?
I'm also stuck with the Mi loading screen forever, thanks

Hi, is there a way to install the Oreo bootloader without fastboot i.e. without wiping the phone/apps (have a banking app that I mustn't wipe)?
I'm also stuck with the Mi loading screen forever, thanks

Okay I managed to resolve this by doing these steps on a pc:
1. download fastboot image from http://en.miui.com/thread-4790869-1-1.html
2. unzip the downloaded file and the file inside that
3. use fastboot (volume down + power button) to run flash_all_except_storage.bat (this will install the image without wiping userdata/apps - like an upgrade)
4. go back into fastboot and install TWRP again as the stock recovery will have been installed
5. boot into recovery (volume up + power button) and install xiaomi.eu rom again

This all worked for me, now booted into 10.1.2 on my mi5s

Okay I managed to resolve this by doing these steps on a pc:
1. download fastboot image from http://en.miui.com/thread-4790869-1-1.html
2. unzip the downloaded file and the file inside that
3. use fastboot (volume down + power button) to run flash_all_except_storage.bat (this will install the image without wiping userdata/apps - like an upgrade)
4. go back into fastboot and install TWRP again as the stock recovery will have been installed
5. boot into recovery (volume up + power button) and install xiaomi.eu rom again

This all worked for me, now booted into 10.1.2 on my mi5s

i followed these step:
1: backup all using twrp
2: wipe all (system,data,cache,dalvik)
3) install new xiaomi eu rom.

the latest update includes an upgrade of android, it is always advisable to start with a clean phone
Yes its better but not an option for me as I needed to keep one app in particular that cannot be reinstalled after wipe from the country I live in.
Anyway upgrade worked, working 10.1.2 with my previous apps and data all good :)