Mi5s Rom Update Problems, Help!

LukeRichardson

Members
May 12, 2017
So my mi5s was having problems with the fingerprint sensor, so I updated through the updater app and had downloaded the stable global rom and installed it on the phone, it all seemed fine until the phone rebooted and I am getting problems, the sim card isnt detected and the gallery app crashes and i keep on getting an error message saying "...the process com.android..." cancel or report. This error message keeps on coming up after i close it. If anyone could help me it would be muchly appreciated.
Thank you!:)

Do a factory reset.

Every time you update a Dev ROM there's no problems. But if you downgrade bad stuff happens. Don't know if was the case but a reset should solve all your issues.

Best regards

Reactions: barbuti17
Do a factory reset.

Every time you update a Dev ROM there's no problems. But if you downgrade bad stuff happens. Don't know if was the case but a reset should solve all your issues.

Best regards
How do I do a factory reset, I am trying on additional settings etc. but after putting in my password to my account it says checking password and I think when the error message is popping up it stops it from checking password so it isnt factory resetting

Do a factory reset.

Best regards
I can wipe the device from micloud. Thanks for helping so far

Forget mi could.

To do a factory reset in the phone is easy.

In the phone
Settings>adiccional settings>backup and reset> factory reset

If does not work
Go to TWRP and do a wipe and to be safe install the ROM again.

Best regards

Forget mi could.

To do a factory reset in the phone is easy.

In the phone

If does not work
Go to TWRP and do a wipe and to be safe install the ROM again.

Best regards
What is TWRP? could you help me through it a bit.
Really appreciate your help

Well, you are posting here in xiaomi EU forum and you don't know what is TWRP you are posting in the wrong forum mate.

You may need to check official English miui forum.

At this point I thought you were here asking help for xiaomi EU ROM support. Now I not so sure.

First what rom did you had on your phone and what rom you installed later? If you play with roms you must read and learn about the process and possible problems before you install anything.

Anyway my advice to do a factory reset. Did you manage to do it by this method?
In the phone

Reactions: barbuti17
Well, you are posting here in xiaomi EU forum and you don't know what is TWRP you are posting in the wrong forum mate.

You may need to check official English miui forum.

At this point I thought you were here asking help for xiaomi EU ROM support. Now I not so sure.

First what rom did you had on your phone and what rom you installed later? If you play with roms you must read and learn about the process and possible problems before you install anything.

Anyway my advice to do a factory reset. Did you manage to do it?
Maybe I am posting in the wrong place. I am on the global stable rom 8.0.3. havent realised until now that this is a website for an EU ROM. I just reflashed the global rom that came on my phone originally from when ive bought it as i thought some issues with it may have been from a fake rom or something so I just thought I would reflash the global rom from the miui website. Not ended up being the best idea so far. is there any way you know if I havent unlocked the bootloader or done anything to reset my phone to factory settings without going through the settings on the phone as it is not letting me

Maybe I am posting in the wrong place. I am on the global stable rom 8.0.3. havent realised until now that this is a website for an EU ROM. I just reflashed the global rom that came on my phone originally from when ive bought it as i thought some issues with it may have been from a fake rom or something so I just thought I would reflash the global rom from the miui website. Not ended up being the best idea so far. is there any way you know if I havent unlocked the bootloader or done anything to reset my phone to factory settings without going through the settings on the phone as it is not letting me
Ask for bootloader unlock then miflash the fastboot rom from a pc

Envoyé de mon MI 5 en utilisant Tapatalk