New Missing text search after updating to HyperOS

phonetic

Members
Mar 19, 2024
I have a Poco F3 that was running MIUI 14, version 14.0.8.0 and after updating to HyperOS version 1.0.3.0, the text search in the Gallery app is now missing. This phone had the Xiomi EU ROMs, both MIUI and HyperOS.

Also the Mi 11i that I have and that was using the global ROM had this feature in the Gallery app, but when I flashed it with the Xiomi EU HyperOS ROM, the text search is now missing.

Just to clarify, I'm talking about typing a text in the search field of the Gallery app, that will find a photo that has that text in the photo. I'm not talking about for example searching "trees" and it will find a photo with trees on it. That feature does not exist.

I can open a photo and select the text on it, so text recognition works, but I don't know why the text search doesn't work. I'm really missing that feature.

The Gallery app on the Poco F3 is now a global app version, not the chinese one. And on the Mi 11i, when I was using the global ROM, I replaced the global app version with the chinese one (not sure if I had to) but I had the text search feature.

So I just wanted to check if the developers maybe put the global app version on HyperOS by mistake and will there be a new Gallery app version in the next update, like version 3.7.1.2?

Last edited: