MIUI 14 Broke something (Google Wallet not working anymore)

Tobias.SDB

Members
May 28, 2019
I don't know what it is, but this problem has been going on since the update to MIUI 14.
Google Pay/Wallet stopped working. The phone just doesn't respond to Payment Terminals anymore. No error message or anything. Just nothing.
I've noticed that at the same time in the Payback App (a loyalty program in some countries) the Payback Pay function stopped working too and showed a error message about the device being unsafe. (See screenshot)
It's the only app that shows this error, every other banking app and even the Amex App (Paybacks Parent company) didn't complain.

Something is really weird here.
I've tried everything from killing every trace of Dual apps to restoring NFC a 1000 times.

Is anyone aware of a real, permanent solution for this?

Attachments

• IMG_20230630_165318.jpg
    IMG_20230630_165318.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 253
Google Wallet just stopped working for me today saying the phone doesn't meet security requirements. :(
I had the same problem about a week ago with MIU 13, so I updated to MIU 14. However, the message remains and payment with Google Pay is not possible.

Same here.
Another problem, I installed Google Play Systemupdate October 2023 and the phone was not working correctly anymore. No phone calls, massive WIFI problems, buttons in apps were not working, so I hat to do a complete reset. After reset google wallet is still not working.

Same here.
Another problem, I installed Google Play Systemupdate October 2023 and the phone was not working correctly anymore. No phone calls, massive WIFI problems, buttons in apps were not working, so I hat to do a complete reset. After reset google wallet is still not working.
Did you install the reuploaded (early November) stable ROM ?

Did you install the reuploaded (early November) stable ROM ?
No, I did´nt know anything about a reuploaded rom. I am downloading this Rom now.

Update: I installed the ROM and Wallet is working again. Thanks @JiaiJ for your hint.

Last edited:
Reactions: JiaiJ