Invalid MIUI Cleaner App WhatsApp media

pellaaa

Members
Oct 31, 2020
hello i report that since last WhatsApp update that moved whatsapp media folder from sdcard root to android/media (Android 11) the WhatsApp cleaning feature of the miui cleaner app can't detect WhatsApp media anymore.

Facebook cleaner doesn't work either on my Mi11 Ultra on 12.5.7 stable Xiaomi.eu ROM. It can't detect any trash data.

IMG_20210613_135835.jpg

We don't decide where the Cleaner looks for files. It's decided by the built-in Tencent engine with definitions downloaded from a remote server...
I must understand from your answer that the fact that the place where WhatsApp saves the files has been changed is not the fault of rom.eu but of Xiaomi global?

I must understand from your answer that the fact that the place where WhatsApp saves the files has been changed is not the fault of rom.eu but of Xiaomi global?
Not my place to tell you who's fault this is, it's definitely not ours.

Is there no chance to do it yourself? My wife got 12.5.1 OTA.
She has no problems with Whatsapp cleaner. Nevertheless, she wants to
go to Xiaomi.eu, but we don't know how to get back to 12.1 OTA with my wife (rollback).

I have 12.5.1 and apart from the Whatsapp cleaner, there are no problems.

Thanks again to all developers. Very good work!!! :)