MIUI MEDIA STORAGE APP DATA

mirkotortora

Members
Sep 27, 2022
Hello!
i have a question about the media storage APP, it save a lot of data and is filling my storage, i noticed there are more than 30GB in the APP DATA, what happen if i delete this data and not only empty the app cache?

My guess is that it manage or read all your photos and videos given the name and the amount of data

You could try DiskUsage to verify which folder use your storage.

I don't think so because the data amount of the media storage is more than the sum of my photos and video and if this is the case the system is calculating 2 times the data occupied by medias.

Hi there!
I check with several disk usage tools and indeed it seems the multimedia data is also "counted" in an application taking similar amount of space in disk as the images, videos, etc together. Please see attachment.
:(
Any ideas??
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_20221115_012731.jpg
    IMG_20221115_012731.jpg
    537.5 KB · Views: 290
Hi there!
I check with several disk usage tools and indeed it seems the multimedia data is also "counted" in an application taking similar amount of space in disk as the images, videos, etc together. Please see attachment.
:(
Any ideas??
Thanks in advance!
On my phone, it is completely different, there is no folder similar to my media folder in size, even if I regularly use the Gallery.
Maybe the "Almacenamiento multimedia" app really copy your media files to be able to manage them on it side ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-11-17-07-36-22-114-edit_com.google.android.diskusage.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-11-17-07-36-22-114-edit_com.google.android.diskusage.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 115
Hey, thanks for the comments!
I think is what you mention, yes. But I am afraid of deleting (reseting the memory and cache) for this strange "Media Storage" ("Almacenamiento Multimedia") app and all the media will be deleted as well... The difference to know is if this is always like this or it is just a temporary malfunction of the Galery/"Media Storage".

I will back up all my data and test to clean the app. Then let you know the results.

Thanks!