Resolved MIUI10.1 Capricorn (MI5S) Gallery freeze when People tapped

ugurcansayan

Members
Sep 15, 2018
I have MI5S and MIUI by Xiaomi eu 10.1 | Stabil on my phone. I installed ROM and every app according to the book without errors. But recently I have this problem: Whenever I tap People in my Gallery, app stops and force-closes. I tried to clean the cache but it did not help. Disabling people recognition and re-enabling it didn't help either.

Here is what I get as bug report.

JavaScript:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No enum constant com.miui.gallery.model.PeopleContactInfo.Relation.kendim
    at java.lang.Enum.valueOf(Enum.java:254)
    at com.miui.gallery.model.PeopleContactInfo$Relation.valueOf(PeopleContactInfo.java)
    at com.miui.gallery.model.PeopleContactInfo.getRelationValue(PeopleContactInfo.java)
    at com.miui.gallery.people.mark.MarkPeopleSuggestionContract.buildMarkInfoForMarkMyself(MarkPeopleSuggestionContract.java)
    at com.miui.gallery.people.mark.MarkMyselfViewHelper.onStart(MarkMyselfViewHelper.java)
    at com.miui.gallery.ui.PeoplePageFragment$PeoplePagePhotoLoaderCallback.initMarkMyselfHelper(PeoplePageFragment.java)
    at com.miui.gallery.ui.PeoplePageFragment$PeoplePagePhotoLoaderCallback.onLoadFinished(PeoplePageFragment.java)
    at android.app.LoaderManagerImpl$LoaderInfo.callOnLoadFinished(LoaderManager.java)
    at android.app.LoaderManagerImpl$LoaderInfo.onLoadComplete(LoaderManager.java)
    at android.content.Loader.deliverResult(Loader.java)
    at android.content.CursorLoader.deliverResult(CursorLoader.java)
    at android.content.AsyncTaskLoader.dispatchOnLoadComplete(AsyncTaskLoader.java)
    at android.content.AsyncTaskLoader$LoadTask.onPostExecute(AsyncTaskLoader.java)
    at android.os.AsyncTask.finish(AsyncTask.java)
    at android.os.AsyncTask.-wrap1(AsyncTask.java)
    at android.os.AsyncTask$InternalHandler.handleMessage(AsyncTask.java)
    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java)
    at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java)
"kendim" in Turkish means "myself" in English.

I have MI5S and MIUI by Xiaomi eu 10.1 | Stabil on my phone. I installed ROM and every app according to the book without errors. But recently I have this problem: Whenever I tap People in my Gallery, app stops and force-closes. I tried to clean the cache but it did not help. Disabling people recognition and re-enabling it didn't help either.

Here is what I get as bug report.

JavaScript:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No enum constant com.miui.gallery.model.PeopleContactInfo.Relation.kendim
    at java.lang.Enum.valueOf(Enum.java:254)
    at com.miui.gallery.model.PeopleContactInfo$Relation.valueOf(PeopleContactInfo.java)
    at com.miui.gallery.model.PeopleContactInfo.getRelationValue(PeopleContactInfo.java)
    at com.miui.gallery.people.mark.MarkPeopleSuggestionContract.buildMarkInfoForMarkMyself(MarkPeopleSuggestionContract.java)
    at com.miui.gallery.people.mark.MarkMyselfViewHelper.onStart(MarkMyselfViewHelper.java)
    at com.miui.gallery.ui.PeoplePageFragment$PeoplePagePhotoLoaderCallback.initMarkMyselfHelper(PeoplePageFragment.java)
    at com.miui.gallery.ui.PeoplePageFragment$PeoplePagePhotoLoaderCallback.onLoadFinished(PeoplePageFragment.java)
    at android.app.LoaderManagerImpl$LoaderInfo.callOnLoadFinished(LoaderManager.java)
    at android.app.LoaderManagerImpl$LoaderInfo.onLoadComplete(LoaderManager.java)
    at android.content.Loader.deliverResult(Loader.java)
    at android.content.AsyncTaskLoader.dispatchOnLoadComplete(AsyncTaskLoader.java)
    at android.content.AsyncTaskLoader$LoadTask.onPostExecute(AsyncTaskLoader.java)
    at android.os.AsyncTask.finish(AsyncTask.java)
    at android.os.AsyncTask.-wrap1(AsyncTask.java)
    at android.os.AsyncTask$InternalHandler.handleMessage(AsyncTask.java)
    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java)
    at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java)
"kendim" in Turkish means "myself" in English.
This is an issue with Turkish translation. The arrays baby_sexy_value, owner_relation_value and relation_with_me_value were translated, although they should not be touched. This will be fixed in the upcoming release.

Reactions: ugurcansayan
This is an issue with Turkish translation. The arrays baby_sexy_value, owner_relation_value and relation_with_me_value were translated, although they should not be touched. This will be fixed in the upcoming release.
Hey, thanks for the reply!
Can you please tell me if there is something I can do to use this feature before the update without changing my Capricorn device's language to English?