MIX 4 - Auto Updates and current state of play?

AlbionDan

Members
Mar 16, 2022
Have any Mix 4 owners in the UK/EU got a recent opinion on how this phone is holding up?

Are current updates automatic or still manual flashing? Is NFC google pay working okay? Still got lots of bugs or is it a pleasure to use?

Have seen on GearBest the 16gb / 1TB version is now available for under £200 with shipping! Seems ridiculous. Just wondering if the reason for the low price is that it's unusable?

I've got used to the Xiaomi quirks with other phones but always fancied having a Mix and at this price it looks too good to be true. Would love any feedback from people in the know!

Thanks!

This is a custom rom forum, not official, this rom is almost mandatory to properly use this china-only phone in europe, I'm using 12.5.12 rom to avoid MIUI 13 for now. Updates for xiaomi.eu are manual for android 12, NFC/google pay works fine. Those 16/1tb versions are fake phones made to look similar to the real thing with firmware mods to lie about ram, storage capacity. Real Mix 4 phones cost between 600-700€ right now, excluding tax.

Last edited:
Appreciate that @Schwarzzu I used to buy a lot from GBest but seems they'll put anything up now. Think I'll be skipping this "deal".

Been buying mid range to budget for a while now, think I'm just going to splurge on the new Oppo 5 pro. Willing to try a change from Xiaomi.

Thanks again!