Invalid MIX 4 No Calender Widget and crashes with Whatsapp audio message

Sodenthaler

Members
Apr 28, 2023
Hello guys,

My device: MIX 4 8GB/256GB with MIUI 14 STABLE ROM (installed with Fastboot)
I have 2 problems.
1. I can not select the calender widget. The Mi calender was installed by default and I installed the google calender as well but I just can not select them.
And if I choose "Android-Widgets" at the bottom, the widget window will just disappear.

Screenshot_2023-04-28-08-12-58-276_com.miui.personalassistant.jpg
Screenshot_2023-04-28-08-13-03-629_com.miui.personalassistant.jpg
Screenshot_2023-04-28-08-13-11-142_com.miui.personalassistant.jpg
Screenshot_2023-04-28-08-14-40-583_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
Screenshot_2023-04-28-08-17-05-222_com.miui.personalassistant.jpg

The 2. problem is with Whatsapp. I have the Phone now for ~3 weeks and it allready crashed two times, while I was listening to audio messages. I click on play, place the phone on my ear, as soon as the message is done and in remove the device from my ear it where shut down.

Thanks in advance!

I Successfully installed the Weekly ROM MIUI 14 23.4.25, because I was hoping this update would fix my problem. But it gets even worse, I can't place any Widgets. It doesn't matter which one, nothing will happen.
Here:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Btw: Calender widget is still no option. Has someone an idea how to fix this annoying bug?

I Successfully installed the Weekly ROM MIUI 14 23.4.25, because I was hoping this update would fix my problem. But it gets even worse, I can't place any Widgets. It doesn't matter which one, nothing will happen.
Here:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Take a screenshot of your home screen's left-most screen ("-1 screen").

Btw: Calender widget is still no option. Has someone an idea how to fix this annoying bug?
There are no new calendar widgets in the international MIUI Calendar app yet.

Reactions: Sodenthaler
You've installed the Global App vault from Play Store, you're not supposed to use it on our ROMs.
Settings -> Apps -> Manage apps -> App vault -> Uninstall
(You will see 2 apps named "App vault", but only one of them can be uninstalled)

Thank you!
It worked. But I couldn't deinstall it, only deactivate. If I deactivate all it works with the widgets, but even better, if I activate the google assistant help, I can even now select the Calender widgets (Xiaomi & Google).

Thank you!
It worked. But I couldn't deinstall it, only deactivate.
What you're saying makes no sense. You can uninstall the Global App vault, just not the China one... the Global App vault is not a system app so there's no reason why you could not uninstall it.

Thank you!
If I deactivate all it works with the widgets, but even better, if I activate the google assistant help, I can even now select the Calender widgets (Xiaomi & Google).
You can access those third-party widgets either way... you just open the widget store and tap the search icon on top-right, then scroll to the bottom to "Android widgets".

Reactions: Sodenthaler
What you're saying makes no sense. You can uninstall the Global App vault, just not the China one... the Global App vault is not a system app so there's no reason why you could not uninstall it.
Couldn't found it in all the apps, looked twice through it. I searched for the english and the german, but like I said, couldn't find it.

You can access those third-party widgets either way... you just open the widget store and tap the search icon on top-right, then scroll to the bottom to "Android widgets".
Nope, like I mentioned in the #1 post with the Global App vault I couldn't do it, but it works now, so I guess this threat can be closed. Have a nice day, thank you so much!!

I cannot select any Android widget, after pressing this "Android Widget" it is jumping back two screens.
Also I cannot reinstall the MIUI Calender. It fails when installing via Play Store

I found a solution: I have deinstalled the APP Vault (which was shown in Play Store, Then installed it again. Then I was abel to select Android Widgets. Had to allow Information Center to start up.

I am huble, dont know what I did wrong / was not supposed to do. I am wondering why the App Vault is visible as installed under google play, but not under Apps, I made a migration from my old POCO .. maybe this is why?