multiple issues with apps on MIUI 12

wshamroukh

Members
Oct 13, 2020
Hi all,
i have just bought my first Xiaomi device. It is MI 10 Ultra. It is running MIUI 12 - the Chinese version obviously.
I have noticed lots of issues. First Gmail push notification aren't working. Unless you open gmail and refresh the app, I won't get notification. The same for other apps.
I have the same issue with Outlook.
Whatsapp is not auto sync'ing contacts. I have to manually open a new chat and then hit refresh. However the contacts will go away so i have to repeat the process again. If i check the Whatsapp app behavior under Apps, i would see a message says: This app accessed your contacts in the background (denied 12 times). If click on this message i have the option to select always allow. but again this wouldn't solve the contact sync issue

Another issue. I have installed swift keyboard but the settings in the system keeps changing it back to miui keyboard. It is really annoying?

what do I need to do let the apps get the access they need to access to do what they are supposed to do?

Last edited:

geoorg

Members
Sep 28, 2020
None of the issues you mentioned exist on xiaomi.eu ROMs, so You can install xiaomi.eu rom on you device.

Reactions: wshamroukh

wshamroukh

Members
Oct 13, 2020
None of the issues you mentioned exist on xiaomi.eu ROMs, so You can install xiaomi.eu rom on you device.
Im willing to install EU rom, but one thing I need to confirm before doing so. Will the device be certified and not rooted? Im asking so because i have to install Android Work Profile part of my work apps and this checks for these things... Can u confirm if these things will be jeopardized?

geoorg

Members
Sep 28, 2020
Im willing to install EU rom, but one thing I need to confirm before doing so. Will the device be certified and not rooted? Im asking so because i have to install Android Work Profile part of my work apps and this checks for these things... Can u confirm if these things will be jeopardized?
Rooting your device is optional,
But you need unlocked bootloader to install xiaomi.eu rom.

I personally don't use work profile, but other users have been able to get it working

Reactions: wshamroukh

Mark F

Members
Aug 15, 2020
You just install from fastboot or twrp. ROMs are on mifirm.net. your recovery will get overwritten back to stock too. Don't forget to format data if you use a twrp install. You don't want a bootloop due to possible partition differences between the branches.

Reactions: geoorg