Need Help Installing An Official Rom

Runar

Members
Aug 4, 2016
Hey, I got my Xiaomi 3 days ago, but soon discovered various bugs (mobile data did not work despite editing the VPN, loses mobile connection when WIFI enabled, getting AD popups).
I checked my MIUI version: MIUI 7.0| Stable 7.0.919.0(LHNCNCJ) which I believe to be a "fake" ROM that is causing the issues with my phone.
I wanted to install an official ROM (or any working ROM), and followed the steps on the Reddit WIKI for flashing official ROMs (I am not allowed to post links yet) and tried to use the instructions in "Via Mi PC Suite - If your bootloader is locked but you want to install an official ROM".
All the steps are fine until I get to: "Now hold SHIFT and click on the icon that says 刷机 (screenshot)".
Instead of being able to navigate to the ROM location, I get a popup in chinese with 2 options, one says Recovery(followed by some chinese signs), and one says Fastboot(Followed by some chinese signs).
When I click on either of these nothing happens.

Anyone knows how to fix my issue, or has a solution so I can use my new Redmi Note 3?

Thanks in advance!

What i did to flash an original rom to my redmi note 3 pro via mi pcsuite is very simple . i open mi pcsuite on pc.i bring the phone to fastboot mode by tap the volume - button and power button.then i connect the phone on pc the rest thinks mi pcsuite do it by it self.if you want to unlock bootloader you must flash the dev rom thought because you cant unlock with stable ...

So, by doing what you decribe I get rid of the old ROM and get an official ROM installed?

Also, I think I read somewhere that normal note 3 and pro have to be treated differently when installing ROM.

Last edited:
Hello all friends in here that the driver will see the easiest way and harmless to spend our mobile official rom even with locked Bootloader. Even if wearing Unofficial or custom rom has been reported to work without problems. Finally So the edl mode and anxiety about whether we have done all the steps correctly or not a relatively complex driver as we have seen so far. Following a few easy and simple steps we will now be able to move our mobile an official rom either stable or developer and to enjoy our mobile just as they should!

start:

1) The first step you need to do is to download the latest version of PC Suite Mi available and install it on the computer / laptop we have
2) After you install the PC Suite Mi connect the mobile to the computer and go to the cell and activate the USB Debugging from developer options. How we do it; Just by following these instructions: a) Go to Settings - Developer About Phone -> Touch 7 times on "MIUI version" to Enable Developer Options. B) Now of go to Settings - Control Additional Settings - Developer Options -> USB debugging. Enable USB Debugging andConnect to PC. If the screen of your mobile fly a message to give rights then tikare the checkbox for Always allow from this computer (something) and then ok (check the following spoiler) in any stage and We see this message tikaroume checkbox and click OK
3) After we activate properly and the USB Debugging disconnect the mobile from the computer and go to put the phone in recovery mode so that we can move to the next step. To do this follow the steps shown below:We find the Tools folder, enter into and click Updater application to open. Once opened press over the right three dots and then select the Reboot to Recovery mode
4) The mobile will restart and will get into Recovery Mode

5) Run (open) now in the PC PC Suite Mi 6) connect the mobile to the computer with the USB cable and wait to appear in PC Suite Mi picture shown below:
Where to start error and not throwing your message to upgrade do the following:
We go to Device Manager and check that it has been recognized mobile. If he sees as adb with an exclamation mark up then do right click on it and select Update Driver. Wait a while to be recognized properly and change the adb in Xiaomi Composite MDB Infterface and press retry again to display the Update
At first you only see the Stable and waiting a few seconds you will see it displayed and the Beta version as shown in the photo.
7) Now choose whichever we want to install and click on the Flash device exactly as shown in the following figure: If you want to unlock the bootloader to pass the Greek Roma or another custom rom then you should choose Beta rom, which is the developer rom Now we sit back and we expect to complete the process and to open our mobile in Official rom and we chose to be happy without problems.
It works for me sorry i cant put pictures try it

Reactions: zuma33