No Navigation

CONTENDER

Members
Feb 23, 2018
I had china rom, the nav bar etc worked fine. Used the newbies guide on here to flash to eu rom. Im on miui 9.3 - 8.2.1 beta. I had the nav bar for a little while then I was going through the settings in something and the nav bar disappeared. I've rebooted, reformatted, reflashed and still the nav bar isnt there. I can open something up when phone loads but cant go back. Only thing I can do is open settings from the swipe down at top.

I have this horrible feeling I've changed a setting which has saved to my cloud settings as when I format in twrp and load up it recognises my cloud account on the phone previously.

I saw a previous thread where someone said turn on/off smart unlock but that didn't fix. I think I must have been through nearly every setting option but can't get the nav bar back. I even tried downlaoding the global rom but the mix 2 link downloads sagit, not chiron. I think the website is a bit messed up right now cos was taking ages to load too.

Any idea how to get my navigation back? I'm losing the will with this phone!

I had china rom, the nav bar etc worked fine. Used the newbies guide on here to flash to eu rom. Im on miui 9.3 - 8.2.1 beta. I had the nav bar for a little while then I was going through the settings in something and the nav bar disappeared. I've rebooted, reformatted, reflashed and still the nav bar isnt there. I can open something up when phone loads but cant go back. Only thing I can do is open settings from the swipe down at top.

I have this horrible feeling I've changed a setting which has saved to my cloud settings as when I format in twrp and load up it recognises my cloud account on the phone previously.

I saw a previous thread where someone said turn on/off smart unlock but that didn't fix. I think I must have been through nearly every setting option but can't get the nav bar back. I even tried downlaoding the global rom but the mix 2 link downloads sagit, not chiron. I think the website is a bit messed up right now cos was taking ages to load too.

Any idea how to get my navigation back? I'm losing the will with this phone!
I think it has something with navigation mode you have chosen. You have 2 modes, navigating with gestures and standard.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-02-25-15-22-22-812_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2018-02-25-15-22-22-812_com.android.settings.png
    399.7 KB · Views: 579
That could be it but I don't have the full screen display option. I found the enable/disable menu button option and that's enabled, tried flicking it but still no menu navigation.

Have you tried to enable and use quick ball instead. You can also try some other launcher

Hmmm. Try some navbar apps from google play until New update comes. I you root your phone than there's some other options with either modifying build.prop or installing Xposed. I would enter hardware test mode and check if everything work as it should. If nothing works than I would use mi flash tool and flash original fastboot firmware, but keep phone unlocked. Hopefully you will find solutions, never give up. Wondering Why some others is not coming with suggestions. Best of luck.

I downloaded the newest weekly 9.1 rom instead of the 9.3 I had installed so I could try using that. Upon install in TWRP, I copied the zip file across then when I click install it says...

Updating partition details...
...done
Full SELinux support is present.
MTP enabled
Installing zip file '/sdcard/xiaom.eu_multi_MIMIX2_7.1.14_v9-7.1.zip'
Checking for digest file...
Skipping Digest Check: no Digest file fouind
E3004: This package is for "chiron" devices; this is a "sagit".
Updater process ended with ERRO 7
Error installing zip file '/sdcard/xiaom.eu_multi_MIMIX2_7.1.14_v9-7.1.zip'
Updating partition details...
...done

Now I bought a mix 2 so not sure why it's now saying it's a sagit which from the list is a mi6. Could it be that when I flashed from China rom to EU rom that I messed it up and that's why I don't have any nav bar and the missing options for getting a nav bar?

And on a side note, the navigation buttons are all showing in TWRP but not in miui9
If I were you I would reflash original developer global version using mi flash tool. If you succeed then try Xiaomi.eu rom again