Noon Questions On Importing A Xiaomi

RapidDevil

Members
Apr 28, 2017
Hello Everyone,

After a fair bit of reading and research I'm really interested in importing a Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime from China to the UK. There's still unanswered questions that I have and I thought it would be foolish to proceed before asking a community like this that have much more experience than I do. My 2 questions are essentially:

1. Should I look for one with the global ROM or not?
- I wouldn't say I'm particularly 'techy' so initially I'd be reluctant to flash a new ROM, fearing it could go wrong. It would take quite a lot of learning on my part. I would like to be able to receive updates regardless.
- If the consensus is to go with the global ROM, which sites could I trust with this? i.e. if they say it's the global ROM, it actually is. (also see question 2)
- If the wide consensus is I need to learn to flash rather than the global ROM, which ROM should I buy it with? I definitely don't want to mess about with the bootloader.

2. Which site should I look to import from? I don't want to sound like a girl buying a car but.....I want black/grey one.
- I heard some good things about banggood but they don't have any in the right colour.
- Could I trust established places on AliExpress? link: (edit apparently i can't post a link as i don't have 10 posts yet - this is Xiaomi MC store on AliExpress) note: supposedly official ROM
- There's also some on a well known auction site (edit can't post link) note: looks like non official ROM
both these seem to have very strong feedback. are fake phones something to worry about with places like this?
- I'm also aware that some places with their custom ROM's make it impossible to flash a different ROM and I wouldn't want that, as regardless I may learn to do it at some point down the line.

I hope I've posted this in the right place and right type of forum. Apologies if not.
Sorry for all the noob questions here and I really appreciate any input. Thanks in advance.

Hi RapidDevil and welcome to the Forum,
To make it short and simple:
1 & 2. I would recommend to go with Global Stable ROM, you will have regular updates and no hassle with unlocking bootloader and flashing ROMs
2. Gearbest has a wide Range of Phones and is a trustworthy shop ( i am customer and very happy)

Official ROM's are : Global Stable (many languages), China Stable and China Developer (chinese and english, developer is with root)
All of them have auto Update.
Hope this will help

Reactions: RapidDevil
Hi RapidDevil and welcome to the Forum,
To make it short and simple:
1 & 2. I would recommend to go with Global Stable ROM, you will have regular updates and no hassle with unlocking bootloader and flashing ROMs
2. Gearbest has a wide Range of Phones and is a trustworthy shop ( i am customer and very happy)

Official ROM's are : Global Stable (many languages), China Stable and China Developer (chinese and english, developer is with root)
All of them have auto Update.
Hope this will help

Hi fmcheetah,

Thanks for the prompt and concise response.

Gearbest were the other site I heard good things about but unfortunately they don't have the phone I'm after either. I either would like Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime or Zuk Z2 in either black or grey. The reason is that they are 5" screens (I really don't want to go any bigger) and fit my budget of around £150. The others all appear to be either more money (£200+), bigger screens or significantly lesser specs.

Are there any other sites that you've come across worth recommending?

Regards.

Go with alliexpress with a seller mentioning global ôta, it will be OK out of the box.

Envoyé de mon SGP611 en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: RapidDevil