Note 7 Pro impossible to configure due to "find device unexpectedly closed" error

reatilio

Members
Jan 15, 2020
Hello there,
I've bought a brand new Remi Note 7 Pro Global but received one with only China available as locale, and so it throws this nasty "find device unexpectedly closed" error and gets stuck there. Got played by this awful seller and Ali.express screwed me over, refunding me only US$15 out of the US$200 I payed...
Since I haven't even been able to configure it, I can't bind the device to a Mi account in order to unlock its bootloader and flash a new ROM; I can't access the configurations to enable USB debugging or developer options, and so on.
What can I do?
If anyone has an idea, please help me...
Thanks in advance!

Hello there,
I've bought a brand new Remi Note 7 Pro Global but received one with only China available as locale, and so it throws this nasty "find device unexpectedly closed" error and gets stuck there. Got played by this awful seller and Ali.express screwed me over, refunding me only US$15 out of the US$200 I payed...
Since I haven't even been able to configure it, I can't bind the device to a Mi account in order to unlock its bootloader and flash a new ROM; I can't access the configurations to enable USB debugging or developer options, and so on.
What can I do?
Thanks in advance!
Ok, you can try "sideload mode" I guess

As I see, you have global device with official global ROM, right? I mean it has "official" bug with location?

Отправлено с моего Pixel через Tapatalk

Last edited:
Ok, you can try "sideload mode" I guess

As I see, you have global device with official global ROM, right? I mean it has "official" bug with location?

Yes, apparently it is official with a bug that only offers China as location, and then it throws this "find device unexpectedly closed" error.
Could you please explain to me what it is and how to perform this "sideload mode"?
Thank you so much for responding.

Yes, apparently it is official with a bug that only offers China as location, and then it throws this "find device unexpectedly closed" error.
Could you please explain to me what it is and how to perform this "sideload mode"?
Thank you so much for responding.
Let's use watsapp or etc. There I can explain what to do

Could the conversation then be shared?

--

I'm using CN Rom and Find my phone works.
I think the just China location appeared after some updates since I could enable the FMP at the beginning, Pie + MIUI 10.

If I need to reset the device on the future, I would face the same FMP problem.

Thank you.

Redmi Note 7 Pro | Tapatalk

Hello again
I tried to add that number you provided to my whatsapp, but could not get it to recognize a whatsapp account.
Thanks sooo much.

Last edited:
Could the conversation then be shared?

--

I'm using CN Rom and Find my phone works.
I think the just China location appeared after some updates since I could enable the FMP at the beginning, Pie + MIUI 10.

If I need to reset the device on the future, I would face the same FMP problem.

Thank you.

My problem is that I can’t bind the device to a Mi Account (therefore I can't unlock the bootloader), nor enabling USB Debugging from the Developer Options. Do you have any ideas on what could I do about it?

Mmmm...

Not sure on the steps, but, if not done yet, Reset the phone.

Other option previous, would be to delete the App or any update and reinstall or run it as the Rom defaults.

I've bought mine on Ali also, Store Fantasy "something" and everything fine.

Did a Restore at the very beginning to avoid any problem and check clean.

--

Try if you can.

Hello there,
What can I do?
Thanks in advance!

I bought a Note 7 china Rom, fixed China region. I flashed the Region fix zip so I can change regions, flashed global rom, and all ok.

Reactions: ZalexT
Plovel fixed it for me. He knows it all! Thanks to everyone. Ask Plovel, he's the man.

And what did @Plovel do to fix this "problem"?
Used miflash with a fastboot rom or edl flashing?
Please share your knowledge ppl.

And what did @Plovel do to fix this "problem"?
Used miflash with a fastboot rom or edl flashing?
Please share your knowledge ppl.
Besides walking me through every step of the process, he did just what you said, " Used miflash with a fastboot rom ".
What is your situation like? Every case is slightly different.

I don't have a situation...
Everything works perfectly.
Just wanted to know how it was fixed