Ongoing issues with Xiaomi EU rom on xiaomi, have not been able to fix at all.

zues121510

Members
May 22, 2021
I've had an ongoing issue with Xiaomi EU ROM for about a year where the battery life is bad and the phone heats up easily, I've tried almost every solution on the internet to fix battery life for xiaomi devices, I also searched every post on this site related to "xiaomi 13 ultra battery". I've had very bad luck with the battery it seems, I've seen various posts saying EU battery life is worse than when originally on stock Global or CN rom. I do not want to use any non-xiaomi roms because it is what I am used to and I need all features to work properly.

I want to ask what the differences between global and chinese ROM are like nowadays, and whether anyone else has had issues with battery specifically on this custom ROM/had better luck on stock xiaomi?

Some of the fixes I attempted/my experiences
- updating to weekly rom
- wiping cache/davlik
- disabling all autostart apps
- changing all apps to most aggresive battery profile in settings
- full reset
- downgrading to MIUI 14 from Hyperos (another full reset)
- Uninstalling most apps
- lowering brightness
- changing to 60hz
- enabling night time battery scenario
- disabling all animations
- debloating every non-essential xiaomi app
- calibrating battery multiple times
- not using a case to reduce heat (heat may be potential cause or catalyst)

None of the things above changed my battery life in any meaninful way. I have tried a various combination of above settings being on or off just in case one of them was making battery life worse too.

The majority of the time I average less than 4~ hours of SOT and the idle drain is also very high, about 2% an hour during the day and not much lower in the night. Before uninstalleing battery guru, it was reporting 15-20% drain per hour. This is from casual use, like browsing, texting and watching youtube, I rarely game on this phone and do not record video most days. Camera is usually only 5-10 minutes each day. Battery Guru said that on a full charge, I'd get 5 hours of non-stop use or a day of non-stop idling without considering usage patterns.

My old phone was a Poco F2 Pro, with a smaller battery, flagship level chip and was a budget phone would get 15 hour SOT occasionally, but usually got at least 9 along with 1.5~ days of idling. Both phones get similar intensity of use and have the a similar portfolio of apps. The F2 Pro also almost always cool to the touch except when using camera, downloading or playing a slightly demanding game. #

I do not expect these two devices to have identical battery life, but less than half of the battery life I'd get MINIMUM is appaling.

I live in a temperate climate, but my phone frequently overheats, reaching 35-40°C even during casual tasks. The device shows irregular power spikes up to 3 amps when multitasking, and its idle battery temperature is consistently higher than the ambient temperature by 5°C. Despite being idle, the phone drains an average of 400mA and its cores frequently run at full clock with less than 50% deep sleep. Attempts to modify core clocks or governors have worsened battery life, and the only constant factor in these issues seems to be the Xiaomi EU ROM, which I have been using since I got the phone.

Yeah something is very wrong with this rom, overheating and heavy battery drain
I was on stock global 7-9 sot
With x.eu i got 3-5 hour
Very bad optimized for battery this rom

Reactions: zues121510
With x.eu i got 3-5 hour
you using global now? any differences in what features they have?

With x.eu i got 3-5 hour
How is it "very bad optimized" if there was no optimization done at all?
How would you even do something like that without having original source codes?
If you have no Android development knowledge, avoid giving uneducated opinions.

I am sorry, I am just giving what I have noticed
When I changed to this rom battery drain started
Maybe is something else