Invalid OS1.0.24.7.17.DEV "the pin to turn off the device stopped working"

abgontijo

Members
Apr 23, 2024
Hello everyone, after updating my Mi 14 pro to version OS1.0.24.7.17.DEV, the app that asks for the pin to turn off the device stopped working. Abs.

This function not work in "OS1.0.24.7.17.DEV"

This tool is native in my xiaomi 11 pro.

Tks.

1721655733016.png
1721655890612.png

On my Xiaomi 14 this feature works properly.
- This feature only works on the lock screen

On my Xiaomi 14 this feature works properly.
- This feature only works on the lock screen
I understand, the shutdown password only works with the screen locked, a bit illogical, you should ask for the password to shutdown in any situation, "right Xiaomi". Thank you for your clarification.

I understand, the shutdown password only works with the screen locked, a bit illogical, you should ask for the password to shutdown in any situation, "right Xiaomi". Thank you for your clarification.
You make no sense. Once the screen is unlocked, the user has full control over the device, I don't see what purpose shutdown confirmation would serve.

Reactions: gogocar62
You make no sense. Once the screen is unlocked, the user has full control over the device, I don't see what purpose shutdown confirmation would serve.
In the case of a smartphone theft, avoid turning it off to be able to track it, I already block access to the configuration (Wi-Fi, Mobile data) via biometrics, I understand that the more I block, the better. :)

• Haha
Reactions: gogocar62
Despite your precautions, you still have an unlocked bootloader. The device may still boot into fastboot and recovery mode even if all your precautions are active.
All this protects your data, not your device.

Reactions: Igor Eisberg
In the case of a smartphone theft, avoid turning it off to be able to track it, I already block access to the configuration (Wi-Fi, Mobile data) via biometrics, I understand that the more I block, the better. :)
Sounds like you're wasting your time.
You can't block hard-reboot with the power button, or to either recovery or bootloader (fastboot) via the power + volume buttons.