Ota Update Gone Wrong

niktoo

Members
Dec 20, 2016
Hi,

I've just recieved my redmi5, bought from aliexpress/goldway.
It cames with a rom labelled "MIUI Global 9.2 | Stable 9.2.2.0 (NDAMIEK)"
I didn't put in any sim card yet (I'm waiting for a replacement nanosim from my operator),
just used it with wifi, set up a Google account installed some apps, everything working fine.
Yesterday I saw that a new global rom was released 9.2.3.0(NDAMIEK), I did the upgrade via OTA,
download went OK, decypher too.
And now the phone is starting on Mi-Recovery 3.0, telling me "this MIUI version can't be installed on this phone".
It can't boot no further, the only options I've got is reboot or connect to Mi assistant.
If I reboot, it boots to the same screen. If I do nothing the phone reboots itself to the same screen.

It's actually the third xiaomi phone I got in hand and the first time it didn't go well.

How can I flash a ROM to recover the phone, knowing that I didn't unlock the bootloader, and the phone
is not tied to any MI account.

Thanks for your help.

The boot locker is locked, that's why I get the bootloop, according to the seller:
The answer he gave me was to do the testpoint method, flash a chinese ROM, apply for the unlock permission to Xiaomi.
And then, I will be able to flash a global ROM which won't give me bootloop after OTA.

The boot locker is locked, that's why I get the bootloop, according to the seller:
The answer he gave me was to do the testpoint method, flash a chinese ROM, apply for the unlock permission to Xiaomi.
And then, I will be able to flash a global ROM which won't give me bootloop after OTA.
He is right. Flash it....
If you need & help feel free to ask.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

I'm gonna try testpoint.
So in order to be sure, here are the different step I've identified:

Please note that my computer is freshly reinstalled, I don't have any drivers or software related to flashing phones.

-stuff needed:
chinese stable rom (fastboot version)
minimal ADB fastboot setup (version 1.4.2 as today)
USB cable
the phone (charged)
a computer under win7
a paper clip to do the testpoint

-and now the things to do
1- install ADB/fastboot
2- open the phone (remove simtray first)
3- unplug phone battery
4- plug the phone to computer
5- connect the 2 dots with my paper clip, I should the see a new device appearing in the device manager of my PC
6- unpack the fastboot rom, and launch flash_all.bat from the command line
7- wait for the end of the flashing, can take long
8- unplug the phone from the computer, plug the battery back, and then power on the phone

And voila I should now have an ubricked phone with chinese stable ROM, I can set up a Mi account and apply for unlock permission.

If anyone who tried succesfully testpoint method, can tell me if I miss anything

thanks

Last edited:
I'm gonna try testpoint.
So in order to be sure, here are the different step I've identified:

Please note that my computer is freshly reinstalled, I don't have any drivers or software related to flashing phones.

-stuff needed:
chinese stable rom (fastboot version)
minimal ADB fastboot setup (version 1.4.2 as today)
USB cable
the phone (charged)
a computer under win7
a paper clip to do the testpoint

-and now the things to do
1- install ADB/fastboot
2- open the phone (remove simtray first)
3- unplug phone battery
4- plug the phone to computer
5- connect the 2 dots with my paper clip, I should the see a new device appearing in the device manager of my PC
6- unpack the fastboot rom, and launch flash_all.bat from the command line

And voila I should now have an ubricked phone with chinese stable ROM, I can set up a Mi account and apply for unlock permission.

If anyone who tried succesfully testpoint method, can tell me if I miss anything

thanks

I would suggest you to not doing that unless you've really made your mind.
Just download china dev rom and apply for unlock permission. That'll work.

I would suggest you to not doing that unless you've really made your mind.
Just download china dev rom and apply for unlock permission. That'll work.

I'm not planning to do this because I want, but right now the phone doesn't boot further than recovery.
If there is a way to flash a china version ROM without opening it and all, let me know. I'll happily do it.

I'm not planning to do this because I want, but right now the phone doesn't boot further than recovery.
If there is a way to flash a china version ROM without opening it and all, let me know. I'll happily do it.
Sorry. Didn't read that all along. Did you try connecting it with MI Assistant? MI PC Suite.

I tried Mi pcsuite, the chinese version sees the phone but only agrees to flash the same global ROM wich causes bootloop.
And when I launch the flashing process I end up with a error written in chinese :(
fastboot doesn't see any device.
The only solution is testpoint which I've tried, but can't make the qualcomm port appears in device manager.
I'll keep tryning, didn't find anything else to do

помогите.такая же проблема вылезла после обновления по воздуху. мне сказали что умер флеш-память в телефоне может быть такое.
телефон можно восстановить.