OTA updates

Dan.Cia

Members
Mar 1, 2022
I installed MIUI.EU 14 21.1.30 on my Xiaomi 12. It was installed via fastboot. I don't have any TWRP flashed on my smartphone. Can I make future updates released by Xiaomi.eu for my smartphone through the app updates via OTA or will I have to use fastboot? Without TWRP can I install updates using OTA?

For OTA updates a custom recovery/TWRP is absolutely required.
Please check, maybe the actually working recovery/TWRP was already included in the ROM update and is now installed.

Reactions: Birraque and JiaiJ
Hi
Same thing here.
I have 14.0.12.0 and I see there is an update on the phone. I downloaded and when I go to update, it states, it needs to restart in recovery mode to update.
I'm a bit scared of doing this, in case I brick it. It was locked so I enabled Dev and turned on OEM unlocking. Anything else I need to do for this update to work?
Just can't find a walkthrough and I got the phone flashed to EU from china, so not sure if it is set correctly to do this OTA update or not.
Any steps or things to check first would be a great help.
Thanks

wow, spreading false info like fire now.

MIUI EU ROM can be updated via their built in System updater! you do not need twrp method!!!
If your install via fastboot is more than sufficient enough now!

• Angry
Reactions: MeiGuddet
wow, spreading false info like fire now.

MIUI EU ROM can be updated via their built in System updater! you do not need twrp method!!!
If your install via fastboot is more than sufficient enough now!
Can you clarify what is the false info in this thread ?

• Love
Just asking about OTA and how it is done. I have the latest weekly with my 11 Ultra and TWRP. So OTA means that I can download the image via Updater, but still need then to go to TWRP, select it and install it? Because this is how I do t right now.

From LinageOS on my tablet it is a bit different...you download from the OS and hit button to install and then it will be installed. No need to do anything manually.

Or do I do something wrong with my 11 Ultra?

Just asking about OTA and how it is done. I have the latest weekly with my 11 Ultra and TWRP. So OTA means that I can download the image via Updater, but still need then to go to TWRP, select it and install it? Because this is how I do t right now.

From LinageOS on my tablet it is a bit different...you download from the OS and hit button to install and then it will be installed. No need to do anything manually.

Or do I do something wrong with my 11 Ultra?
As far as I understand, it depends on the TWRP. Best case scenario it works almost like your tablet, with an automated reboot to TWRP and selection of the file (maybe one or two confirmation prompts on the way)

Some TWRP won't recognise the parameters provided by the updater, forcing the user to do a manual install.

As far as I understand, it depends on the TWRP. Best case scenario it works almost like your tablet, with an automated reboot to TWRP and selection of the file (maybe one or two confirmation prompts on the way)

Some TWRP won't recognise the parameters provided by the updater, forcing the user to do a manual install.
Thank you as always :)

• Love
Reactions: JiaiJ