OTA updates

XDFaisca

Members
Sep 29, 2023
Hello everyone, I just wanted to clear some things up before buying a new phone, I've got a good deal on a Xiaomi 13 ultra in which the seller gives a option to select with ROM do I want including xiaomi.eu one since it is Chinese version, first of all I checked the 4g band usage on my place and the missing b20 is not a big deal since there are many others here, the thing is the Xiaomi.eu ROM says ota updates, sorry for my dad understanding on the topic but I wanted to know if that means I don't need to manually update anything or do I have to do any flashing/updating myself in the future, I'm a basic user I never flashed or updated any phone by myself so I wanted it to be the easiest as possible to be sure I don't mess anything up, thanks for the patience.

You can update using two methods:

- fastboot is straightforward, but you need to be connected to a computer(and you really don't want to lose this connection in the middle of an upgrade)

-TWRP, a program you can boot to outside of Android (custom recovery). It does not require a computer for the update (hence the Over The Air), but the program can require maintenance (for example, updating TWRP if it is not compatible with a newer Android)

The Xiaomi.eu updater application detect the upgrade, try to download the ROM file, reboot to TWRP, and give it the information to install the file. Depending of the conditions, it can become a very fluid process, but you may need to manually download the file, go to TWRP and select your file for install.

-

It is easy in most situations, but don't expect to never ever be involved with the update process.

Last edited:
Reactions: MeiGuddet
So basically since they sell it with the xiaomi.eu TWRP Ota Rom it will receive and install the updates by itself without needing any external connectivity, thanks for the answer.

If the device also has TWRP installed, the OTA update in the "Update" application will look like this.

Attachments

• OTA aktualizace.png
    OTA aktualizace.png
    469.3 KB · Views: 468
Reactions: JiaiJ