Pass Safety Net on Mi Mix 3 with MIUI Global 11.0.3 (China hardware)

Verhohner

Members
Feb 25, 2019
Hi together,

I have a Mi Mix 3 which I bought right after release in Mainland China. Therefore I'm running on the original Xiaomi bootloader which is unlocked.

I'm currently running MIUI Global 11.0.3 (stable) which works great except for the Safety Net which is not passed, probably because of unlocked bootloader. I understand I have to run Magisk Hide to solve this. However, for this I understand also that I need Root access, right?

Whats the easiest way to get to pass Safety Net? Is it:
  1. Install TWRP
  2. Root device
  3. Install Magisk and run Magisk Hide
Or is there an easier way? If not, what's the current best practice to install TWRP on Mi Mix 3?

Best

you r on the right path. just to make sure backup your important data (for me DCIM folder) beforehand.

and if you r unlucky, youll stuck on twrp.

No need to install Magisk to pass SafetyNet.
Fingerprint to pass SafetyNet is included in .eu ROM for Mix 3 (Mix 2s).

Ok, thanks for the info.

I decided to go follow your advice YeepYeep and went for the latest stable .eu Rom by following the instructions:
  1. Installed latest TWRP (3.3.1-1) via Fastboot
  2. Booted in TWRP and installed "xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMix3_V11.0.2.0.QEECNXM_v11-10.zip"
I tried the install once via ADB Sideload and once via USB Stick, both ended in the system not booting but after around 30-60s rebooting into TWRP. Whats the issue here? What did I do wrong?

Best

I guess it has something to do with the fact that I'm using a Mi Mix 3 that was originally bought in China. Any idea if the install procedure is different there? I remember I had a lot of troubles the last time as well and after 50 flashes or so it worked. Would be great to avoid those experiments this time. Any idea?

Thanks. I flashed TWRP 3.3.1-17 from your source and the flashed again "xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMix3_V11.0.2.0.QEECNXM_v11-10.zip" from my USB drive. Unfortunately I still have the bootloop into TWRP.

Any other idea?