Invalid POCO F3 Banking App OTP

ajdeleon31

Members
Apr 19, 2021
Poco f3 banking app won't send OTP. Says your device does not support sms messaging.

Then give it the relevant permissions.
already gave permissions. even tried to reinstall the app, problem still persist. Already tried using other messaging app, still the problem is here. Never encountered in the past beta. I am using the latest weekly now.

already gave permissions. even tried to reinstall the app, problem still persist. Already tried using other messaging app, still the problem is here. Never encountered in the past beta. I am using the latest weekly now.
We did not make any changes to permissions.

We did not make any changes to permissions.

MIUI 12.5 Global on Redmi Note 7 has the exact same problem.

The app automatically asks for permissions to be granted — and we grant those permissions as soon as they pop-up.

I've also double checked this in the MIUI settings. Permissions for SMS, Phone, and Storage are ALL granted.

I have gone ahead and called the app developer's support center and reported this issue.

We've troubleshooted by reinstalling the app, clearing data and cache, removing my secondary SIM, and restarting the phone. All of them do not fix the error.

They say that this is an isolated case — and NOT a known nor a common issue. That means only users of certain MIUI versions experience this.

The app used to work fine on MIUI 12.0 Global. I couldn't think of another reason for the bug other than what might have been introduced at 12.5.

I'm hoping you can check and see if you can at least confirm that this is indeed a bug on the MIUI update.

Please help!

MIUI 12.5 Global on Redmi Note 7 has the exact same problem.

The app automatically asks for permissions to be granted — and we grant those permissions as soon as they pop-up.

I've also double checked this in the MIUI settings. Permissions for SMS, Phone, and Storage are ALL granted.

I have gone ahead and called the app developer's support center and reported this issue.

We've troubleshooted by reinstalling the app, clearing data and cache, removing my secondary SIM, and restarting the phone. All of them do not fix the error.

They say that this is an isolated case — and NOT a known nor a common issue. That means only users of certain MIUI versions experience this.

The app used to work fine on MIUI 12.0 Global. I couldn't think of another reason for the bug other than what might have been introduced at 12.5.

I'm hoping you can check and see if you can at least confirm that this is indeed a bug on the MIUI update.

Please help!
There is no way for me to check this app....

There is no way for me to check this app....

Fiddled a bit more and took note of what changed from 12.0 to 12.5.

It seems on 12.5, MIUI now scans every app that is being installed by default. I am assuming this app scanning process takes liberty in preventing certain apps from executing certain system actions.

Would've at least been nice after the app scan to have a pop-up notification telling me what the app will be capable of doing in the system (such as initiating SMS messages), or what MIUI will henceforth prevent the app from doing. Then MIUI could let the user decide whether or not to enable the recommended security measure.

I also think it's confusing. On one hand, the user may grant permission for the app to execute SMS operations. But on the other hand, MIUI's Security settings can override the granted permission anyway?

The workaround I found is to turn off the app installation scanning from the Security settings and then I reinstall the app.

Bypassing the scan, the app would then finally proceed in letting me choose from what SIM would I like it to send a verification SMS through. And then it proceeds with automatically sending an SMS.

I don't think the MIUI Security scan should be overriding or negating user-granted permissions. I am not sure sure if it's a bug, but I think the issue lies in what looks like an app security policy conflict.

Lastly, it seems redundant to have another Security scan for apps being installed through the Play Store. Couldn't this be enabled just for direct APK installs by default since Play Store installations are already secure?

Last edited: