POCO X3 - call recording

VadimPanov

Members
Jul 29, 2024
I have POCO X3 NFC with MIUI Global 14.0.2 Stable 14.0.2.0(SJGMIXM) and I don't see call recording option anywhere. Current region is Canada, is this the reason? Which regions this option is available for?

Thanks.

Thank you for the quick response.

I am new for this stuff, can you please post a link to that ROM Global Indonesia?

As I understand the ROM installation will require "unlocking" the phone, how bad is this from security point of view? Like, what kind of vulnerability does this bring, what will I have to avoid after unlocking?

Also, I have Redmi Note 7 with MIUI Global 12.5.3 | Stable 12.5.3.0(QFGMIXM) which has call recording, so I thought "Global" means it has all the features, including call recording, but my POCO X3 NFC doesn't have this feature. This is pretty confusing, is there a FAQ that explains all that?

Thanks!

As I understand the ROM installation will require "unlocking" the phone, how bad is this from security point of view? Like, what kind of vulnerability does this bring, what will I have to avoid after unlocking?
There is no security risk, you will re-lock the bootloader after installing the ROM. You will use Miflash for installation. https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...m-search-for-a-fastboot-one.73552/post-730702
Also, I have Redmi Note 7 with MIUI Global 12.5.3 | Stable 12.5.3.0(QFGMIXM) which has call recording, so I thought "Global" means it has all the features, including call recording, but my POCO X3 NFC doesn't have this feature. This is pretty confusing, is there a FAQ that explains all that?
From the Redmi 8 series and later, Xiaomi has started using Google dialer, SMS, etc. for some markets.

I am new for this stuff, can you please post a link to that ROM Global Indonesia?
You need a fastboot ROM (tgz.file)